~1~

Alan's POV

I stared at myself in the mirror. My long red hair was straightened and my dark blue sweater looked good against my skin. I sighed. I would never be pretty. Sure I looked decent in the sweater and it looked good with my pale skin. I was still below average. I couldn't be picked from a crowd and my clothes only made me feel uncomfortable at times. The only thing that made me happy with this outfit was the sweater. It was so soft and it was from the girls section.You couldn't tell it was a girls sweater unless you looked at the tag but I knew. Kellin had gotten it for me a while ago but I got mad and wouldn't wear. Kellin tried his best and I shouldn't have gotten mad at him. He knows how I feel about girls clothes. Even though they made me feel giddy inside, I dreaded even thinking about myself in girls clothes. .

I hated myself so much for liking them. As happy as the sweater made me it still made me upset. I was a freak. What guy liked to wear girls clothes? I sighed and left my room before I could change my mind and switch my shirt. I walked down the hall to Kellin's room.
"Hey Kellin you up?" I said as I entered the room.
"Yea. Are you okay this-" he turned around and stopped talking and was smiling his head off.
"What?"
"Your wearing the sweater." He said.
"It's cute." I mumbled. He jumped in the air then ran over to hug me.
"Okay let me get dressed and we can go." I sat on his bed as he pulled out a white t-shit and grabbed his jacket, he already had on black skinny jeans.

"Breakfast then school." I said and we said goodbye to our parents and went out to Kellin's car. He went downtown to an old bakery and got me a blueberry muffin and some weird pastry for himself. On the ride to school we ate silently and i couldn't help but dread today. Nothing ever really happened, you could say I was being overdramatic I guess. The names they called me or the insults they threw my way shouldn't affect my self image, but they did. When I was shoved into lockers or tripped in the hall yes it hurt, but maybe it's what I deserved? I don't know. I shook my head to get the thoughts and focused on my muffin.

"Kellin this is delicious." I said as I shoved another bite into my mouth. He laughed and nodded his head.
"Hey are you gonna stay for practice this evening? If not I'll give you my keys and either you can pick me up or I'll ride wth one of the guys from the team." I thought a moment before answering.
"I'll stay. It's cool to watch you guys."
"Great." He said as he pulled into a parking spot. As I grabbed my bag he put a hand to my shoulder, I looked up at him.
"If anything happens tell me, pull me out of class or whatever." He said and I nodded. He locked his car and we walked up the steps to the school together.
"Have a good day Alan!" He shouted before turning down the hall where his locker was.
"You too!"

I made my way down the gray tile and stopped in front of my locker. When I finally got it opened it slammed shut. I sighed.
"Hey there Alan." I turned to see Matty and his group of friends.
"Hi."
"Where's the dress today? Got it tucked under that pretty little sweater of yours?" Oh shit. He knew it was a girls sweater. I knew this was a bad idea.
"Or maybe he's got some lace panties under those tight jeans." One of Matty's friends, Jesse, said.
"Do ya Ashby?" Matty said with a evil grin. He grabbed a handful of my ass before putting his finger on my belt loops and slamming me into the locker. "Answer." I shook my head no frantically. "No."

"Good boy." He patted my head and slung me to the side. I fell to the ground and just sat there. "At least a fagg-"
"Get away from him Matty." A voice growled out, Tony. I was thankful it wasn't Kellin, he had a temper; whereas Tony was usually quiet and was more calm in situations.
"Why should I?"
"Because I said so. Now scat or you'll regret it."
Matty mumbled something under his breathe before signaling for the rest of his friends to follow him.

Tony helped me up and I muttered a small 'thanks' and he just smiled at me. He wasn't much of a talker. Tony was one of the people closest to Kellin. We walked down the halls and I stopped at my class.
"See ya later Alan." He said as the bell rang. I waved and then went to take my seat. I looked up at the board and took out a sheet of paper to write today's journal on.

'What is one thing you regret doing or not doing?'

Trying on that stupid dress.

Kellin's POV

"Mullins!" I yelled as I stormed into the locker room. Matty looked at me and smiled.
"Hey Quinn, what's up?"
I grabbed him by the shoulders and slung him into the lockers before swinging my fist at his face.
"What have I said about messing with my brother?" I growled out.
"Harmless fun." He said holding up his hands. I slammed him into the locker hard again.
"So this is harmless fucking fun? Huh?"  I let him slide down the lockers before going around the other side to mine. Tony had told me what happened earlier and I was behind pissed.

No before you ask yourself why I didn't just report it and shit well I have nothing is ever done. A few detentions are given and that's it. I was still fuming as I pulled on my practice gear.
"You okay man?" Gabe asked.
"Fucking Mullins messing with Alan."
"Where is he?"
See the majority of the football team I was pretty good friends with and they all thought of Alan as their younger brother as well. They were protective over him. Now why on earth would Matty and his group still pick on Alan when basically the half the football team was against them, I don't know.
"I got him don't worry."
"He's going down at practice." Gabe said before leaving to change.

Once I had all my gear on I made my way to the field. Coach was already out there looking over plays. I glanced at the bleachers and saw Alan sitting at the top in the corner. He looked up from his binder and waved to me. I waved back and then he went back to whatever he was doing.
"Quinn." My coach said and I jogged over to him. "Look at this okay for me." I glanced over to and patted him on the back.
"It's actually amazing." I said. Coach was good at doing his job. It was one of the reasons this was our fourth year as state champs. Eventually the rest of the team came out of the locker rooms. Apparently the news had spread about what happened with Alan and half the team was pissed. All of the guys, except Matty and Jesse, nodded at each other.

We lined up and when the when the whistle blew. We all tackled the two. Piling on top of one another.
"Okay, okay. Enough! Whatever they did deal with it later. We need to practice." Coach yelled. A few of the guys threatened Matty and Jesse and then practice went back to normal.

After practice was over, and I had showered and changed, I walked up the bleachers and sat beside of Alan.
"I thought I told you to get me out of class?" I said as he wrote on a piece of paper.
"It was okay Kellin. I didn't get hurt."
"Alan! They would have hurt you if Tony hadn't shown up. You don't need to be treated like that."
"Kellin drop it please." He pleaded and looked up at me.
"Alan you can't let people treat you like that." I said quietly.
"Are we going back to the house or out somewhere first?" He said packing up his things and ignoring the previous conversation.
"Let's head to the mall." I said and dropped the conversation from before.