~29~

Alan's POV

"Alan what're you doing here?"
"I..umm I came to talk to you." I said. He staggered towards me, half full liquor bottle in his hand.
"Come...come in and talk then son." He said dragging out the 'o'. He got to the door and it took him all of five minutes to get his hotel key to work. Once he got it opened he went inside and flopped on the chair, raising the bottle to take another drink.

The room was silent as I shut the door and looked awkwardly down at my feel.
"Spe-eak, if you're going to." He said, hiccuping mid sentence.
"I just..Dad I'm sorry okay? You need to come back because Mom's gonna be unhappy. It was my fau-"
"Damn right it was your fault." He laughed. "You just now figuring that out?"

I didn't say anything and he took that as his cue to continue. "We could have stayed happy ya know? We were happy. Then you came along with your fucking skirts and pushed me over the edge. I tried to be accepting of you being a fag, it made sense since you're such a wuss, but that is just disgusting. You're a fucking male, with a penis, for crying out loud!" He drunkenly yelled.
"I-I'm sorry."
"All I ever wanted was a son and a happy marriage Alan. That's all. You took that away from me. You're Mom and Kellin gave me hope for the life I wanted and then this happens." He gritted out.

"I-I..." I felt the wetness on my cheeks as tears spilled from my eyes. I wrapped my arms around my own waist and forced myself to listen to him.
"Kellin's a great kid ya know?" He smiled. "Plays football, can take up for himself, heck you wouldn't even expect he was gay! He's so god damn protective over you though. I don't get it, I would be embarrassed if I had you as a brother." He stopped and took a few more sips of the drink he had in his hand. He had a thoughtful look on his face and then turned to face me. "Did you ever actually wear those clothes out in public?"
"Y-yea sometimes..." I said and his eyes seemed to pop out of his head. "But not a lot because I was scared of people judging me." I said quietly. He nodded his head.

"Probably get the shit beat out of you too, maybe that's why you are the way you are. Was I not strict enough as a parent?"
"You're a great parent Dad." I told him truthfully. Yes he wasn't so accepting of me but he really was a great Dad in my opinion. He stayed by my side even though he didn't accept me being gay and you can really see it comes out when he's around Kellin. 

"Can you come home Dad?"
"Alan she won't let me!" He yelled. "Believe me I tried. It's your fault. Damn, get it through your head boy!"
"I-I'm sorry."
"You should be." He said and turned away from me and ran a hand through the hair that was left on his head. "Get out. I don't want to see your face." I didn't say anything and just turned towards the door. "Wait, do you have a ride?" He asked as he took another drink.
"I'll call someone." His eyes lit up and he stumbled over towards me.

"Give me your phone." He said and I looked at him confused. "Now!" He yelled. I pulled it from my hoodie pocket and handed it to him. "You may not have destroyed everything Alan." He drunkly smiled at me. He grasped my phone and after a few minutes of trying to unlock it he handed it to me, ordering me to unlock it for him. I did so and he hungrily grabbed it. I saw him go to the phone and immediately figured out he was going to try and call Mom.

I could hear the phone ringing and I watched my Dad's face light up as someone picked up.
"Alan!" I heard my Mom yell through the phone.
"Baby, baby it feels s-so good to hear your voice." My Dad said almost in tears.
"Where's Alan?!" I heard my Mom yell again.
"Don't worry about him. Please just talk to me." My Dad pleaded. I watched on as the heartbreaking scene unfolded. I heard my Mom yelling through the phone and then Kellin. My Dad begged for my Mom to talk to him and apparently she refused and eventually hung up the phone.

My Dad stared down at the device that was now showing the dial pad.
"You," he muttered lowly. "You, you, fucking you!" He yelled and threw my phone at the wall behind my head. I ducked down and thankfully it missed.
"All she wanted was to talk about you! Get the fuck out, I never want to see or hear your damn name again!" He screamed and I quickly grabbed my now shattered phone and bolted from the hotel room.

Austin's POV

"Austin!" Kellin yelled at me through my phone. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock on my nightstand. 3 a.m.
"What the hell Kellin it's three in the morning?"
"Alan's gone, is he there with you?" I immediately sat up in my bed when I heard his name.
"No. Where is he?"
"That's what we're trying to figure out." I got up from my bed and started pulling on some sweats and a hoodie. "He apparently went to talk to Dad. We went to the hotel room but Alan's not there, just our drunken mess of a father. Mom and I are looking around the area but so far no luck. You were our last hope." He sounded defeated and extremely exhausted.

"Don't sorry I'm leaving the house now. I'll let you know if I find him."
"Thanks."
"Don't even thank me. I'm worried as shit now." I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. We said our goodbyes and I hopped into my car, pulling out from my driveway. I hadn't been gone five minutes when I saw a familiar figure walking down the side walk. I sighed in relief and sent Kellin a quick text saying I found him.

I pulled up to the sidewalk and rolled down the window.
"Alan!" I yelled and he quickly got in my car without a word. We got back to my house and he was still silent. I pulled the key from the ignition and turned towards him. "Alan," I took one of his hands in mine. "You can't just keep leaving like that. What were you even doing?"

"I-I..," his voice broke and he started crying. I quickly got out of my side of the car and went over to his, throwing the door open. I crouched down and he clutched to me. "I was t-trying to fix things." He cried through sobs. "He hates me Austin."
"Who baby?" I asked as I slowly stood us up and carried Alan towards my house.
"My Dad!" He pulled away and looked straight at me, speaking in a quiet voice. "He hates me and I see why. I wish everyone would quit lying to me. I'm a mess, a disgusting disgrace." He then broke into a fresh set of tears. My heart was pulling apart at his words and I could feel his whole exterior cracking.

I quickly got us upstairs to my room and I sat Alan on the bed. I didn't give him any time to say anything else, I just pressed my lips against his and tried to tell him everything I wanted to without words. His tears landed on my cheeks but soon he was meshing into the kiss, kissing me back even harder. I pulled back and rested my forehead against his. "Alan you are perfect, so, so perfect. I love you Alan and absolutely nothing is wrong with you."