~15~

Kellin's POV

I dropped Vic off and Alan hopped into the front seat. We were on our way back from Gabe's and it was late. I was glad we went though Alan seemed to have a good time and all of the guys made sure to keep him distracted. He was currently leaning against the window and humming along to the song that was playing on the radio.

Looking at him I realized the smile that had made its way on to his face earlier wasn't there anymore and he was just kind of there. I thought back to earlier when Gabe called me and said he was upset before Matty and Jesse pushed him in the showers.

"Hey Alan?" I said and he turned to me.
"Yea?"
"What happened earlier? Before Matty and Jesse. Gabe said you seemed upset when he talked to you." I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw him biting his bottom lip.
"Nothing." He said quietly and I knew that was a flat out lie.

"Alan tell me. Please? I'm not going to let anyone hurt you okay? And I'm sorry for not being at practice. I should've let you known where I was at."
"Kellin it's really nothing." He said trying to dismiss the topic but I wasn't having it. Our house was right up the street and before he stepped foot in the house I was going to find out what had happened.

"Alan tell me." I pleaded and pulled into our driveway. "Was it Austin?"
"No! He would never hurt me." He said.
"Then who? Someone upset you."
"It was Dad. Don't worry about it." He said trying to get out of the car but I locked the door.
"What did he do?" I demanded. Alan's dad was one of the few people on this earth I couldn't stand.

"Nothing!" Alan yelled.
"Tell me!" I yelled right back.
"He said I was just saying I was gay for attention because I was lonely! Then he slapped me!" He yelled at me with tears in his eyes. My blood boiled and all I could think about was punching that fucking asshole in the face.

Before Alan could say anything else I was out of the car and walking towards the door. I could hear Alan yelling behind me and I turned around a second to see him climbing over the console and out my opened door. I quickly unlocked the front door and when I didn't see him in the living room I went to the kitchen.

He was leaning against the counter while my mom was drinking a cup of something and sitting at the table.
"Hey Kellin ho-" she didn't get to finish her sentence because she was yelling at me. I had grabbed 'Dad' by his shirt and had slammed him into the wall.
"What makes you think you can slap your own son!?" I yelled in his face. I brung him towards me and slammed him back against the wall again. "Who gives you the right to say he's being gay for attention?! Who the fuck do you think you are?!"

"Kellin stop please!" I heard Alan yell from behind me. I looked back at him for a split second and before I could say anything his dad had turned me around and I was now the one pushed against the wall while his hand was loosely around my neck holding me in place.
"I'm the parent. That's what I am Kellin. He's a fucking disgrace and I'll punish him how I see fit. He's a little attention hog and if you can't see it now you'll see it eventually. He deserves more than just a little slap on the cheek. He needs some sense knocked into him." His voice was dead calm and to say I wasn't the least bit scared would be a lie.

I struggled against his hand and he laughed. "Kellin you're the perfect son and I wish you'd just see things my way." He sighed. "Alan needs to take after you more. If he was different maybe things could change." He let out a breath of air right in my face and let me go. He dusted off his shirt as if there was something on it. "Now I'm sorry. For this not what happened earlier but for what just happened. I don't want to have to put my hands on you Kellin." He said and smiled at me. It sickened me.

I took a step closer to him and got right in his face. "Lay another hand on him and I'll beat you to a pulp." I threatened and then walked around him to Alan who was being held by my mother and crying.
"Hey Al come on." I said and smiled at him. My mom kissed the top of his head and he wiggled out of her grasp and took my hand.

I led us up the stairs and into my room.
"Alan I won't apologize for what I di-" I was cut off when he flung his arms around me and hugged me tight.
"Thanks Kellin. Really thank you. You're the one person i can always count on. I love you." I hugged him back.
"I love you too Al."

Alan's POV

I woke up in Kellin's bed and slowly dragged myself out to get a shower. After a quick one I pulled on a random shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. My eyes lingered on a skirt in the back of my closet but I just shook my head and shut the closet door.

I walked quietly down the steps and heard no sounds so I deemed the kitchen empty and went in to get something for breakfast. I sat at the counter and munched on an apple while I heard Kellin shuffling around upstairs.

Eventually he came down and we both headed to school in his car. When we got there Austin was waiting by my locker for me.
"Alan!" He yelled happily and engulfed me in a hug causing me to giggle. He kissed the end of my nose and I blushed. I hid my face in my hands causing him to laugh.
"Don't hide something so beautiful." He said and pulled my hands away.
"I'm not beautiful." I mumbled and looked up at him and watched as his smile turned to a frown. I was getting ready to question him when his thumb brushed over my newly cut lip.
"Matty and Jesse?" He said angrily.
"I tripped." I said turning to get my stuff out of my locker.
"But they pushed you." Kellin chimed in. "Don't worry Austin we took care of it. Just don't let them get to him today."
"You don't have a thing to worry about." Austin said and I sighed. Everyone was so overprotective.

I finished getting my stuff and turned around to see that most of Kellin's friends had gathered around us and were chatting happily. I sank into the locker and just listened idly while they talked. I looked up at Austin and smiled he really was gorgeous. I loved how his eyes crinkled at the sides when he smiled and how he had a cute little snort when he laughed. He looked down at me and laced his fingers with mine causing me to smile widely.

"When are you to going to seal the deal?" Someone said and I blushed realizing they saw me staring at Austin.
Austin just shrugged his shoulders and didn't say anything. I wanted more than anything to be Austin's boyfriend but I would wait as long as he wanted.

The bell finally rang and I walked towards my class with Austin right beside of me. He insisted on carrying my bag and hadn't let go of my hand yet. A few people looked at us but none really said anything. We stopped outside of my classroom door and Austin handed me my bag while pressing a soft kiss to my cheek. I blushed again and smiled up at him.
"I'll meet you here after class okay?" He said and I nodded. He smiled at me once more before walking down the hall and towards his class.