~8~

Kellin's POV

I knew Jesse was either at his house or hanging out with Matty somewhere. Jesse's house was closer. Once I got there I swiftly walked up the the ugly brown door and knocked loudly. His car was in the driveway and it was the only one in the driveway. Great no parents to deal with.

I knocked louder.
"Quit fucking knocking! I'm coming!" I didn't stop knocking just to piss him off. He opened the door. "Who the hel-" I shut his mouth with a fist. I then grabbed him and pulled him inside slinging him into a nearby wall. Trust me I knew this was reckless and I could get into a lot of trouble but I'm not letting what he did to Alan slide. I never did.
"Who the fuck do you think you are?" I screamed at him.
""I told the little shit not to tell." He growled. And tried to pull my hands away from his shirt.
"He didn't have to. I put two and two together." I said before slamming him against the wall before punching him. Hopefully it broke his nose.

He fell to the ground cradling his nose. I kicked him in the side and he fell on his side. "Leave Alan alone." I said before walking out the door and slamming it shut. I decided to drive around for a bit and cool off before going back. I knew Alan may be a little upset and that was only because he didn't feel like I should waist my time on it.

He didn't understand though. He was my brother and I wasn't going to let anyone or anything hurt him if I could help it. It had always been this way and it wouldn't stop being this way. I pulled into a McDonalds and picked up some food for Alan, Austin, and I then started towards the house.

When I walked in Alan was curled on Austin's lap watching a hockey game. I sat the food on the coffee table and Alan immediately grabbed it. He took out the chicken nuggets automatically knowing they were his and balanced a cup of ranch on his knee, still sitting in Austin's lap.

"Hey Al you may want to get off Austin so he can eat." I laughed and grabbed my own sandwich.
"He's comfortable though." He whined. Instead of moving off of him he moved to sit sideways. Both of them using Alan's lap as a table.

While we were eating I heard the door handle jingle and Alan's eyes widened. He  jumped off of Austin's lap and raced up the stairs quicker than I thought possible. He had good reason too. A few moments later dad walked through the door and he seemed mad.

He didn't say a word to anyone just plopped down on the recliner and stared at the tv.
"Where's Alan?" He finally asked. "And which one of your friends is this Kellin?" He asked and smiled at Austin.
"Alan's upstairs and this is Austin."
"Austin as in the Austin from the dinner conversation the other night?" He raised an eyebrow.
"Yes that Austin."

He looked at Austin and laughed. "I'll tell you this right now boy I don't care for you being friends with the little runt upstairs. Friends only, nothing more."
"Don't even start." I said. And dad just put his hands up.
"Just saying." He mumbled and around that time Alan came downstairs. He was no longer in the leggings and sweater. He had changed into some sweatpants and a t-shirt. He sat down between me and Austin and turned his attention to the hockey game.

Alan's POV

I felt so uncomfortable in the same room as my dad. I couldn't help it. I knew he would never accept me and it hurt. A lot. Kellin's mom wasn't even my real mom and she was fine with me. Kellin and i's friends were fine with me. Kellin was fine with me. Austin was fine with me. Sure only Kellin and Austin knew about the clothes thing but I had a feeling the others wouldn't care. Maybe I was just living in a dream land.

No one really said anything and I wasn't going to be the one to start a conversation.
"Hey guys let's go play video games or something in my room." Kellin said and thank the lord he did. I was the first up the stairs and I flopped down on Kellin's bed. Next thing I knew I had a giant body on top of mine.

"Austin get off!" I giggled and tried to push him.
"Hmmm how about no. You're comfy." He said and laid his head on my chest. After a few minutes of playful fighting. Austin settled on the bed beside of me. Kellin came in and laid down on the other side.
"Did you go to Jesse's?" I asked quietly.
"Yes. You know I did." He said matter of factly. "And Monday you will not be leaving my sight. If he so much as breathes in your direction I will slam him through a locker door."

"Calm down Kellin."  I chuckled. "It'll be okay."
"You always say that." He mumbled. "Then you let them push you around."
"Well maybe I deserve it!" I yelled and sat up to wiggle my way out from between both of them.
"You don't deserve to be beat up Alan." Austin said looking at me in disbelief. I just shook my head and got up going to my room.

I sat on my bed and looked at the stuffed kitten. Kellin knew more about my issue than Austin did, but he still didn't understand the amount of hate I had for myself. I knew I didn't deserve to be beat up. I knew that, but sometimes a part of my thought why the heck not.

Kellin was always afraid I was going to hurt myself. I on the other hand don't think I actually could. It was never my intention. My mind was my worse enemy, yes, but I wasn't going to let the physically harm me. Maybe shoving my self confidence and esteem down to nothing had its bad effects but it was mentally. Just inside me. I had formed my own opinion of myself and even though I hated it, I was fine with it.

Austin probably thought I was crazy but that was okay too. He would probably end up realizing he didn't like me anyway. I hoped not though. He was great and I wanted to kiss him again and again. I wanted to hug and cuddle him. He made me feel comfortable. He was really easy going and was accepting to a lot of things it seemed. Heck he didn't freak out about the girls clothes.

I was so excited about our date tomorrow. I couldn't wait. Really. A knock came from my door and Austin walked in. He stood me up and kissed me.
"I've gotta go Princess. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I nodded and hugged him.
"Sorry about earlier." I whispered and hugged him.
"Don't worry about it." He smiled. "But go talk to Kellin. Okay?" I nodded and he pecked my lips again. I walked him to the door then. Went back up the stairs to Kellin.

I flipped down on his bed.
"I'm sorry. I know you hate hearing me talk like that. I didn't mean to get mad." He just smiled at me.
"I know Al. Now don't mention it. Let's go do something."
"We can go to Tony's." I suggested.
His face lit up and he smiled.
"Yea let's go. Jamie's over there anyway."