~14~

Alan's POV

I was dreading the day because I eventually had to get up and today was Sunday. My dad didn't have to work today so unless I left the house I would probably be seeing him at some point, or I could hide in my room. That sounds a little bit more comfortable.

I felt around the empty bed and sighed. Austin had left three or four hours ago and said he would try to come back later.
I just really wanted someone here right now. I didn't like to be alone sometimes and well this was one of those times. I could always go to Kellin's room but I'm pretty sure he left a while earlier. It was around 2 and he had football practice at 3:30.

I sighed and decided I would get up and at least get ready for the day. I took a shower and slipped on some comfortable clothes before heading down the stairs. Dad was watching tv and mom was in the kitchen. I decided the best thing right now would be to get out of the house.

"Hey Mom, I'm going to go watch Kellin practice." I said peaking my head into the kitchen. She nodded along and said goodbye before I left, shutting the front door behind me. I was halfway down the driveway when I heard my dad yelling for me. I froze and turned around slowly.

"Yea?"
"Come on I'll drive ya." He said and got inside his car. I stood frozen a few more moments before getting into the car and sitting still. I didn't want to do anything to upset him. Nothing was said. The car was filled with an awkward silence.

We got to the school and as I was getting out he stopped me.
"Alan explain to me."
"Explain what?"
"How you...you think you like the same sex." He said with a grimace on his face.
"I-i can't really explain it. I just do." I looked to him and saw he had a smile plastered to his face.
"I knew it!" He said in a jolly voice.

"Huh?"
"I know your little game Alan. You're a lonely little boy." He said in a mocking voice. "Who stays in his room or clings to his brother and is hurt by the simplest things. All you want is attention. So you're pretending to be gay so people will give you the time of day. You crave anything you can get." He said smugly and I stared at him with my mouth agape.

"No! That's not it. Dad I like boys!" I yelled and before I could even process anything he had backhanded me.
"Don't you speak to me like that. My son will not be a fag. Admit that it's all an act!?" He yelled. I didn't say anything and a moment later he was yelling at me to get out of his car. I opened the door and he sped off.

Kellin's POV

I was currently at Vic's house holding him as we enjoyed a steamy make out session. Halfway through practice I cut out because Vic called wanting to hangout. We were just going over basic plays today so I was good. Vic sat back on his knees, he had been straddling me, and ran his hands down my chest.
"Thanks for coming to hang out." He said shyly and I sat up, pulling him closer to me and kissed his lips lightly.
"Anything for you."

"Do you wa-" my phone ringing cut him off and I grabbed it seeing Gabe's name flash across the screen. I ignored it and turned back to Vic.
"Anywa-" I was then cut off by my phone and once again it was Gabe.
"What?" I said in a bored tone as I answered the phone.
"Hey Alan's here at practice and he looks upset."
"Did you talk to him?" I asked.

"I'm on my way up there right now." I stayed silent as I heard Alan ask Gabe if i was there then a few muffled words before Gabe was back on the phone.
"He said he was fine and just started to leave since you weren't here but he looked like he was crying. I'll get- shit! Fuck Kellin get here." I heard the sound of Gabe running. "Matty and Jesse just fucking pushed him into the locker room. I gotta go." He hung up the phone and I quickly sat up and looked to Vic.
"Come on." I said hurriedly and grabbed his hand after he slipped on some shoes and explained what had happened.

I drove as fast as I could to the school and jumped out once I hastily parked. I ran towards the locker rooms and when I got there all of the team members,besides Jesse and Matty, were standing around Alan fussing over him.
"Alan." I said and pushed through the guys. Alan was drenched head to toe, his shirt partly ripped, and another busted lip. "What happened? Gave get my extra clothes outta my locker."

Alan looked up at me with a tired look in his eyes. "I was leaving after Gabe told me you weren't here and as I was walking by Matty and Jesse grabbed me. All the were going to do was drench me in the showers but when Jesse slung me by my shirt I fell hitting the knob and busted my lip. Then they turned on the shower and left." He shrugged his shoulders. He acted as if it wasn't a big deal that someone was hurting him. "It's my fault for busting my lip." He added as Gabe came back over with the clothes.

"How is it your fault?" Gave said and Alan let out a sigh.
"I tripped."
"He shoved you." One of the guys argued.
"It's my fault. Now just drop it." He said angrily.
"Okay. Just go get in these dry clothes. I don't want you to get sick." I said and took the clothes from Gabe and handed them to him. He got up and went around the corner to change.

"What the hell is their problem?!" I yelled and punched a nearby locker.
"Don't they realize that they aren't gaining anything from hurting him? Assholes." I said and took a seat on the bench.
"Dude I don't even know." Gabe said sitting beside of me. Everyone just sat in silence and then a few short moments later Alan came back around the corner with his wet clothes folded neatly as possible.

"Can we go now?" Alan asked and I stood up but before I could say anything else Gabe had slung an arm around Alan's shoulder. "Now how about we turn that cute ginger frown upside down with pizza and a movie?" He said smiling at Alan and the other guys cheered. Alan laughed and shook his head.
"I just really wanna lay down."
"Well you can at my place. Let's go!" Gabe grabbed Alan and carefully hoisted him over his shoulder.

Alan was laughing now as the rest of the team followed behind Gabe doing the chant of the Witches henchmen from The Wizard of Oz. Once the room was cleared Vic was left standing there. He walked over and laced his hand with mine.
"Come on Mr. I'll Take My Anger Out On A Defenseless Locker." I laughed and let him lead me out of the locker room and back to my car.

Us holding hands in public was risky. Especially since most of these people were Jamie's friends to but in the moment Vic didn't seem to care. He looked around before lifting his head slightly and kissing my cheek. Then he ducked his head into the car and shirt the door. I was glad Jaime didn't go to practice today.