~28~

Alan's POV

"I told him to. I didn't want him hurting my little boy any more." When my Mom said that my heart dropped. The food in front of me didn't look so good anymore and I was suddenly nauseous. I excused myself quickly and ran up the stairs to my room. I shut the door and sat down on the floor beside of my bed.

My heart was racing and I couldn't get over the fact that my Mom had actually told my Dad to leave. She told him to leave because of me. They were so happy. So so happy. They were probably a model couple. My Dad was so deeply in love with her and my Mom was just the same. They were made for each other and I ruined that.

I heard the slight sadness in Mom's voice when she told me. I couldn't believe I had ruined a marriage. Me all by myself had ruined something great between two people. How could I single handily screw things up this bad? Sure I wanted Dad to quit saying the things he did but I didn't want him to leave. I could live with it but my Mom? I doubted it. It's not that she wasn't a strong woman, it's just that she was so deeply in love. Love is a funny thing and can deeply damage people. She couldn't lie to herself for much longer. Once she stopped she would be sad. So so sad. I don't think I could handle that.

There was a soft knock on my bedroom door and soon after Kellin followed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and I looked down at my feet.
"Al, hey?" Kellin said and sat down beside of me. "What're you doing on the floor?" I just shrugged my shoulders and kept my eyes cast down. "Talk to me please." Kellin begged and I sighed.
"What do you want me to talk about?" I asked quietly.

"Well for starters how about you tell me why you practically ran away from the dinner table." He said and slung his arm around me.
"I-I don't know."
"Alan I can read you like a book. Now please tell me."
"I....I just had to process some stuff." I said, deciding to just give in and tell him what was wrong. He would find out anyway.
"Process what? That Dad left?" I nodded.
"More so the fact that I was the cause of it."

"Alan Dad had it coming. You weren't he cause of him leaving."
"Kellin yes I was!" I exclaimed. "Mom said and I quote, 'I didn't want him hurting my little baby any more'. I broke up a marriage Kellin."
"Alan you're being ridiculous. Dad needed to leave. He was hurting you. Mom did what was best."
"I was fine! I had dealt with him this long, I could've dealt with him longer. Mom and Dad were so happy and now I've ruined that. How do you think Mom will be once she realizes that she's lost the one person she loved with all of her heart?"

"Alan she done what she did for good reason. I heard her herself. She said Dad had changed, he wasn't he man she married all those years ago. Back then he was someone who would love his son no matter what. Now he's a judgmental ass who wouldn't give two shits about you unless Mom made him. We don't need him in our lives Al."

I just sighed and shook my head. "You don't get it Kells."
"Alan I understand, but now you need to understand. "
"I already understand Kellin!" I said and got up from the ground. I was frustrated and Kellin wasn't helping matters at all.
"No you don't! You're overreacting. You just need to calm down and realize that this is for the best." He stood up and walked over to me. "I mean Alan, surely you don't want to have to go through what you did again?"
"If it meant that Mom stayed happy, then yes I would. I'd do it for the rest of my life and never think twice about it." I said and crossed my arms. He stared at me and didn't say anything just shook his head and sighed.
"It's already done Alan. Don't fret. One day you'll realize this was for the best." He then gave me a quick hug and walked out of my room.

I grumbled to myself and sat on my bed. I had to find a way to get Dad to come back. I would do what I had too. Mom needed him and I wasn't going to be the one that separated something that was great. With that in mind I grabbed my phone and walked down the hall to my parents room. I opened to door and just like I wanted my Moms phone was laying on her nightstand charging.

I grabbed it and slid the button to unlock it, lucky me, she didn't bother with having a password. I clicked the green message app and then clicked on my Dads contact name. The last test he sent had the exact information I wanted. It was a simple text  telling my Mom the location of the hotel he was staying at and he also told her that he loved her more than she would ever know and if it made her happy he wouldn't come back, but that's the thing it wouldn't make her happy.

I quickly typed the name of the hotel into my phone and Google pulled up the address. I cheered in my head and then made my way down the stairs. Everyone was still in the kitchen talking so it was easy for me to quietly slip out the front door. I didn't bring keys to Kellin's or my Mom's car, on account of them hearing it pull out of the driveway, and opted on just walking. It wouldn't be too terribly far and plus I was on a mission, so I didn't really care.

As I walked down the sidewalk the only thing really entering my mind was how I was going to convince my dad to come back. Once I convinced him to come back all I had to do was make sure Mom was on board. I knew she seemed fine now but that wouldn't last long, at least I thought. I just wanted them both to be happy was that too much to ask for?

I walked for a bit and then finally turned down the dimly lit street that led right to the center of town. I didn't have too far before I would be at the hotel my Dad was staying at. I was glad it was near the better side of town also. Only once had I been down the uglier side of town and that was just to get Kellin. He had been trying to stop a fight between a friend of his and someone I'm not entirely sure.

The hotel finally came in sight and I took a deep breath before looking for room 52. Once I found it, I knocked lightly on the door and listened for any sign that someone was inside. I didn't hear anything and knocked again only to get no response. I turned to walk to the front desk and ask if I had the right room when a voice stopped me.
"Alan what are you doing here?" They stuttered drunkenly.