23

Justin's POV:

"Dude Jayde's at the door" I hear Christian shout as I get out the shower.

"Tell her I'll be down in a sec, just putting my clothes on." I call back. I've loved spending time with jayde lately, I never thought such a sweet, beautiful and damn sexy girl could exist without flaws but I can't seem to find any in her. I quickly pull my clothes on and go downstairs to see jayde standing there with a little flower in her hand.

"Hey beautiful, what you got there?"

"It's for you" she smiles, handing me the flower. "I found it outside." She shrugs.

"This could count as a gift, you know? People will start to think you like me," I tease. She shrugs again.

"Oh well."

"Will you go out with me?" I ask suddenly before i can stop myself. She smiles which is a relief.

"No. You and I wouldn't be any good together." That's not the answer I was expecting, she's full of surprises this girl.

"I happen to disagree. I think we could make fireworks happen." I lift the rose and tuck it into the hair behind her ear.

"That's why I can't do it, Justin. I'm sorry, I'm not over Harry and I don't think I ever will be, what happened to him hurts so much and until I find who killed him, I can't move on." I stand staring at her as she walks away, out my front door. I'm not used to rejection, and I am surprised by how badly she's hurt and broken. I am also surprised by how much I feel the need to make her as happy as her ex did when he was alive.