19

I'm sitting on the beach next to Justin with a drink in my hand. We're sitting extremely close but his body heat is keeping me warm so I can't complain. I need to keep him on side anyway so this is a good start.

"Making your claim, Justin?" One guy near us yells over.

"You bet I am, JJ." Justin replies, lifting his head and looking over at him.

"Sweet!" JJ calls back. "Let us know if she's any good, yeah?" He laughs. Justin tenses. I turn my head and glare at JJ.

"You wanna watch what you're saying, JJ" Justin spits out between clenched teeth.

"Feeling territorial?" He laughs.

"I'm not a fucking dog, asshole," I snap. "But if you wanna see a human bitch, then keep opening your pathetic little mouth."

"Oooh."JJ waggles his eyebrows. "She's got a bark." I'm fed up of guys thinking they can get their way at these parties, in fact of sick of people getting away with treating woman like they're an object. I spin around, and Justin loses his grip. I march up to JJ. He's taller than me, but I tilt my head back and glare into his eyes.

"I've got a bark, well done. But it's nothing compared to my bite, so give it a rest before I embarrass you in front of this whole party, you prick." Justin and Christian bursts out laughing behind me.

"Think the lady wins that one, JJ." Christian says. It feels good to let my anger out.

"If she's stupid enough to go with you Justin then she must be trash." JJ laughs bitterly, looking at Justin.

Justin moves behind me, his fists are clenched, I put my hands flat against his chest. "Justin" I warn.

"I'm not letting him talk to you like that Jayde" he says.

"It doesn't matter, it doesn't bother me." I shrug. He takes a deep breathe. "He's not worth it."

"I'm okay" he mutters.

"Sure?" He nods and pulls me into him tightly. We walk back to where we were sitting and leave JJ standing like an idiot.