She didn't say anything. I couldn't bare to hear them anymore. I walked off into my room and laid down on the bed.

I could leave. I could with my mother. I could leave it all behind. I felt the need to run out and pack immediately. Positive thoughts raced through my head. There was a chance at salvation and freedom.

My father came down alone.

"Kids. I need to speak with you. My office."

It was a miracle how we got Liam up the steps, but we made it up.

He locked the door not only once, but three times. The blinds were closed.

"Jack and your mother are leaving. The reason why those men hurt you, Liam, was to send a message. A message to me."

He pulled back a painting, which had a metal safe in the wall. Since when had that been there?

He carefully turned the code and scanned his eye, which was followed by a voice password.

It opened. A dull briefcase was the only thing contained in there. It was dusty and old.

He pulled it out and placed it on his desk before typing another code.

He carefully in clipped the briefcase. It opened with a snap.

It was a plain compact disk. It looked completely ordinary. What was so important about this disk? What information did it hold?

"This is what the King's want.  It's what turned them against those they used to call friends."

"What is it? What kind of value does it have?"

"This disc contains names. Names and faces of everyone who has ever worked for the King's. It contains every deal they've gone to. All the pounds of weed, kilos of coke they've smuggled. If someone turned it into the police, they'd be taken down just like that." He snapped his fingers.

"They thought the Rossi's took this. In retaliation, they stole from the Rossi's. This eventually led to an all out war. They obliterated each other."

"You.. You destroyed them." Said Nova.

"No. They destroyed each other." Father gave her a hard look.

"So what are we going to do? Destroy it?" Said Liam.

"No. If they believe we have it then nothing is going to change their minds. We may as well keep it. Perhaps we can use it against them." His round fingers danced along the handles of the brief case.

"How did they find out it was you who started their fighting ten years ago?"

"No idea. Only four people knew about what my plan was. Two of them are dead. One of them is me, and the fourth lives in this very house."

Nova gasped.

"Mom?" Liam said.

"No way! She'd never do anything to hurt us." I tried to shut down the accusation before it was even made.

"Calm down, son. I don't think it was your mother. I think one of the men who I believed to be dead."

"Well, what's your plan then?"

"First off, I'm sending you all away. Too dangerous around these parts. Then I'm gonna find the  bastard who ratted me out and threatened my family. Then I'll obliterate the King's and the Rossi's. For good this time. They'll know not to threaten Frank Merlin and his family."

"We can't leave! We're the top dogs! We can't be defeated that easily. Are we supposed to put our tail between our legs and just quit?" Liam spoke in a heated tone.

"Precisely. Last time I let you stay, you almost died. You are loyal Liam, and I truly respect that. But if you disobey me I will send you away one way or another. Is that clear?"

There was nothing more to say. Frank had made up his mind.

"Yes, father."