chap 38

My mom and dad came in to pick me.

The minute we reached home, mom started the melo drama here again.

I had enough for the day, i just couldn't handle her now.

"i told you that girl was a wrong decision you made.You never listen to what we have to say, she is a bit..."

Oh no, she did not just say that.

"shut up! enough if this okay, you have no rights to insult her like that." i yelled

"Who gave her the rights to insult us like that then. And now in her company, you yell at your parent! You back answer them.

We raised you much better than this." My mom was shouting too.

"What is your problem mom, why can't you just drop it?" I was now shouting on top of my voice.

"My problem is that girl, when will she leave your life? i will be the happiest women alive when she finally ends up with you and stops using you." she countered.

"She will not leave me and she never used me." i stated as a matter of fact.

I trusted her more than anybody.

i knew she would never leave me.

"And mom, why do you hate her so much, she has never done anything wrong?" i tried surprisingly calm this time.

"You have been lying to us everyday for something or the other. You cam't seem to find anything else important than her.

I can't accept her in my family, and you have been serious about her when she is just playing with you." mom pleaded.me with her eyes.

"Mom why can't you accept her?" i asked.

"She is not of our status Aarsh, she is no where in comparision to us. We cannot have her as a part of our family. You deserve better than her." she answered.

"Mom, her family is in the same business, and for your kind information, they are well off, So what, if they are not as rich as us, but they are a respectable family in town.

Everything is not about money and social status mom. Love and understanding are more important.

And we ahare the best bond for that.

I love her mom." i tried convincing her.

Dad had left for some business meeting in the meanwhile. He didn't want to get into this if mom was hadling it.

I would have prefered dad here though. He would at least try understanding me.

"Love will fade away son, it won't last long.What about youe position in the society? what about your children Aarsh? what sort of upbringing will thay have?" she said.

"Mom doesn't love count for anything? And what do you mean by upbringing, she is brought up in a joint family where apparantly she will have a better upbringing that me." i said, that was a low blow, but what could i say, she asked for it.

"Is this how you talk to your mom?" she asked tears juggling to spill down her cheeks.

"Sorry mom, but i love her, and she is not that bad, give her a chance at least. please. for my sake." i hugged her.

And she hugged me back.

So things at home were slightly tensed but nothing that i couldn't handle.