chap 27

Today is Aarsh's dance event and i was so excited for it.

I woke up early to get ready on time and reach school before the time to meet him and cheer him up but he refuse to meet and asked me to meet him after the show.

Which was fine with me.

I knew this event was important for him. And i knew he was the most graceful and the best dancer i ever saw.

He was fantastic and surreal when he danced.

Taani was to pick me today since snehi was to reach school early for her assigned duty for this event.

I was wearing my casual skinny jeams and a simple superman t-shirt with my blue converse.

There was no need to doll up and i was going there to cheer for him. Not to participate in some fashion show.

Though Taani will lecture me for this attire but I was too excited to even think about it.

Taani was honking loundly in my driveway. I ran up to her car.

"What is wrong with you? Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked her.

"Nothing. Just trying to annoy you." she grinning.

I gave her a closed mouth smile and got in the car.

The ride to school was fast and i was restless all the way to school.

I kept smiling to myself, picturing him with that elegant look he was to have for the dance.

His dance was some Ballroom Style. I wasn't given any details because he wanted it to be a surprise, which was soon to be revealed.

He was the lead dancer today.I hope his mom and dad showed him today that they were proud of him. I know he thinks they like his brother more. And to be honest his work does go unnoticed by his parents many times.

Even if he doest admit or talk about it, I know it actually hurts him. I wish his parents were more supportive of his dance.

Shabd maybe the perfect child a parent would want, but Aarsh is their child too.

I shook my head for the negative thoughts to leave. If they weren't proud of him for his satisfaction sake. I would be proud enough of him on everybody's behalf. I was more than proud and was desperately waiting for his performance.

I was busy in my thought bubble when suddenly a loud horn dazzled me.

"We have reached dreamy girl. Now uf you could favor me, getting off?" She faked playful annoyance.

"Oops...sorry." I smiled sheepishly getting out of the car.

She was excited. That would be the understatement. She was just full of enthusiasm and hyper for her cousin.

She practically jumped out of the car, ignoring my chuckle and dragged me to the school gates and into the auditorium of the school where they had organised the event.

We went upto the students section and took our seats. Still restless we both girls kept giggling over shady comments and stupid nonentity.

The auditorium was getting full slowly.

Soon Kavya, Takshil and Snehi came up. Kavya was their ride to school today.

They came and occupied the vacant seats we had saved for them.

I was bouncing in my seat, smiling like a moron. Taani and Kavya were just enthusiastic as me.

But Takshil and Snehi were just amused with our excitement.

It was hard to here much over the loud chatter of crowds. Small children crying and laughing. It basically seemed like a jungle.

The choreographer entered the auditorium making his way to the stage in his black tuxedo.

He cleared his throat near the mike to gain everybody's attention.

The room fell silent for him to continue.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, I would like to welcome you all for the Annual Dance competition which is an Inter-School competion." He addressed.

"All the participants will have four minutes to...." I zoned out for the rest when he was making his speech and basic instructions not interested in knowing any tiny bit of details.

I was here to cheer my love and he wins or not, he will be the best for me.

Frack! Did i just say my love?

'Get a grip women' i groaned.

He spoke for about Fifteen minutes explaining rules. Then another Ten minutes for the judges to explain the technicality and expectations they had and blah blah blah...until finally the competition started.

We had other friends in the same dance as Aarsh so we would be cheering for them also, but the only one that mattered now was him.

There were ten acts all together. But there would be internal after five acts and a few stops after each act for announcements and all.

The room was darkened and the stage lights shown brightly around the room.

First to perform were the St. Xaviers students. They dance style was contemprorary.

Second were The VTC High students. And their dance style was bollywood.

The rest were good but i was only waiting for one performance.  The Birla memorial school.I was waiting for our school students to perform.

There was a break after five performamces but we sat in the auditorium only. I was too lazy to move and aparently Takshil had dozed off.

After the break there was some school which performed  the Classical Dance- bharattnatyam.

That was amazing but i was still waiting for Aarsh to perform.

Then finally the seventh act was announced which was our school act.

That meant i could finally see Aarsh perform.