This Club

"Your mother made it very clear to me that she no longer wants you working here at the TM."

Clay said gruffly recalling the smack to his face. They were both sitting at the bar. Clay and the Club had just gotten done with talking about some type of Club business and now he was free to turn his attention to her.

She chewed on the inside of her jaw before she sighed deeply. She knew this was bound to happen. Ever since Tara made the mistake to call up her mother things had went downhill and fast.

"But my question to you is -- what do you want baby girl?"

Clay asked looking to her face for some type of give away. [Name] sighed and hung her head, knowing that her mother would stop at nothing now to get her to try to come back to Ireland where she deemed it was safe.

"Honestly," She stated, turning to look at her uncle's face. "I want to continue working here at Teller-Morrow. I love what I do. But, at the same time, I don't want to get anyone else hurt."

Clay frowned deeply. Gemma had informed him about her feelings on what happened with Chibs. The young woman blamed herself for the incident, which was something Clay didn't approve.

He leaned over toward her and placed his hand around her face, cupping her cheek as his thumb rested on her chin. He looked into her blue eyes -- the same color as her own.

"You can't continue to beat yourself up over that."

He said while shaking his head. She paused and felt like this was something he had wanted to tell her from the beginning.

"When you had asked me some months ago if you could talk to me after the meeting we had about Opei's wife."

He said quietly, causing her gaze to fall to the floor. His thumb moved her head, making her look back up to him.

"You asked me if I would consider putting you in for a Prospect. I told you no for a reason. This is one of those reasons why."

Clay explained. Causing her eyes to sadden.

"Because you were afraid I'd get hurt."

She stated. Clay shook his head. She looked at him confused.

"We're all gonna get hurt someday baby girl. But it's how you deal with that hurt determines if you can make the cut for this Club."

Her eyes widened, partly understanding what he meant.

"I can't have someone who second guesses about the "What ifs" when shit goes down. That type of thinking will eat away at you faster than the death of an enemy on your hands."

She lowered her eyes again as she felt Clay drop his hold from her chin and put his hand back in his lap. He leaned back against the counter of the bar and sighed deeply.

At first, Clay had no doubts about putting her up for the position in the Club. He knew she was strong and he also knew the backlash he would take from other charters if they'd know that a SAMCRO princess joined among their ranks.

He wasn't worried about that and he wasn't worried about the shit storm that would come from her mother either.

His main concern was that on the Brothers of the Club. She had grown closer to some more than others he could clearly see that.

Jax had spoke up about her closeness to both Tig and now even Chibs.

Juice is was obvious to see the way she and the young guy joked around while they worked to the way he kept close to her and gave her advice on things he too had went through.