Retaliation

She hadn't slept that much and from what she recalled she hadn't even made it to bed -- which was correct as she felt someone pushing up against her side with their hand.

She groaned, opening her eyes slightly and tried to swallow but her mouth was dry as sand -- shit she was hungover.

"Hey, did you sleep here all night?"

A voice asked her. She squinted trying to figure out who was speaking to her and where the hell she was. She noticed that Juice and Chibs both were standing there in front of her and they were in the middle of the Clubhouse.

She propped herself up onto her elbows and gave a deep sigh as she quickly noticed she was laying down with her back to the top of the counter of the bar.

"Naw, I decided to move here prior to you coming in so you could ask me that question."

She tried to say with a sarcastic tone but it only came out harsh and dry due to her mouth. Juice looked to Chibs as she sat up on the counter of the bar and ran her fingers through her hair, knowing that she looked like a hot mess without even looking to the mirror beside her.

"This all yer's?"

Chibs asked motioning to the bottles and shot glassed that littered the counter around her. She looked down at them with lazy eyes, damn she hated being hung over like this.

"Probably. I don't remember anyone else drinking with me last night -- then again, I forgotten most of last night. Go me."

Juice gave her a worried look as she slid her butt down off the counter and stumbled to stand up.

"Clay is callin' a meetin' in bout five. He wanted you in there with us."

Chibs said, causing [Name] to look at him with a questionable look.

"What? Me? Why me?"

"He seen the way you handled yourself around -- a dead body and wants your opinions on some things."

Juice said trying to be as easy as possible. She shook her head trying to shake off the morning effects of how much she had consumed last night. She groaned and and started walking toward the backroom to her room to run some water over her face.

She felt like death had ran her over -- but she wasn't the one dead.

Donna had been shot last night and nobody knew why it had happened. Opei was completely destroyed and she didn't even wanna know how Piney felt about his daughter-in-law being killed.

Splashing some cold water on her face she reached over for her towel and dried her face off with it before grabbing the counter of the sink and sighing deeply. Her brain worked as well as it could around her drunken night last night.

She shook her head and looked at herself in the mirror. She had never once worn makeup and now was one of the times she wished she actually had -- she looked like complete shit.

Shaking her head she backed away from the sink and proceed out of her room and into the Chapel as the Brothers liked to call it. She took her place where she sat last time, nobody seemed in the mood to say otherwise as she sat down and placed her hands in her lap as she peered down at the Reaper that was carved into the table.

"Now that everyone is here, there's some stuff that I wanna get straight."

Clay said a deep sigh as he leaned up against the table.

"Donna's death was unexpected and gruesome, we've gotta figure out who did this to her."

"It was those damned Niners that did it!"

Piney shouted from his end of the table. [Name] didn't even bother to look up, how could she dare look into the eyes of a father that just lost his daughter?

"We don't know that for sure."

Jax spoke up, shaking his head as he spoke.

"The hell we don't! It was a nigger car that was spotted that killed my sister-in-law!"

[Name] flinched slightly at the word Piney used to describe the Niners, it didn't sit well with her.

"Piney, let's just calm down and think this through."

Clay said, but obviously those were the wrong words to use.

"Don't gimme that shit, Clay! If it were [Name] laying out there dead you'd want revenge too! Hell, you'd call the guys from several different states and have them here within the day!"

Clay clenched his teeth as Piney drew his niece into this using her as an example all because she was here at the table.

"If It were me that was killed out there -- "

[Name]'s voice spoke up causing the ruckus to quiet down and all eyes fell onto her. She turned her head and looked over at Piney, the hurt filled in her eyes which everyone that could see her gaze saw.

"I wouldn't want you to try to go out for revenge. I would want my family, my cousin, my uncle -- all of you stay safe after something like this happened."

Her words were strong and loomed in the Chapel. Piney blinked for a moment before he drew himself back into his chair and did nothing else but look at the table, feeling ashamed for aiming his anger at her.

"Because believe me, I would never ever forgive myself if anyone of you in this room died because of me."

She made sure that her eyes fell over everyone in the room -- starting from Tig and ending with Chibs. Clay sighed deeply as he rubbed his hand over his face and nodded his head.

"Spoken like a true woman."

He said quietly, knowing that it was a good idea to have brought her into this meeting.

"We have to find out who did it. We can't just be pointing fingers at someone that we're not sure of it would mean more danger for us and we can't risk that right now."

Jax said while shaking his head.

"I agree, we don't need retaliation from a source that might not have anything to do with it."

Bobby spoke up.

"But the car is normally what the Niners would be driving." Juice added, "We can't just ignore that."

"So, we try to figure out who did this -- quietly. Without drawing more attention to ourselves than what's needed."

Clay spoke up. Everyone seemed to agree and he smacked his hand down onto the table. That must have been the que to show that the meeting was over because everyone stood up and started leaving the room. Tig stood up from his chair and lingered next to Clay, who looked down at his niece.

"You gonna be okay baby girl?"

Clay asked, she looked up at him and nodded with a soft smile.

"Forgot how much of a tolerance I have till last night. I'll be fine though."

Both men watched as she stood up from her chair and pushed it into the table. Before she turned to leave she stopped and looked over at Clay and Tig both.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

She asked, Clay looked from her to Tig.

"He can stay, it's not really important or anything."

Tig put his hands in his pockets and looked down at [Name]. Clay stood there with one hand on the top of the table while he leaned against it.

"What's on your mind?"