A Woman's Furry

Gemma was headed back into the hospital again today. There was no real change in her niece's current situation, but a visit to both Chibs and [Name] was the only thing she could do for the both of them right now.

However, she hadn't expected to run into Fiona -- Chibs's wife when she went to see him first. Fiona was a bitch and Gemma couldn't stand the woman. She hated her with a burning passion and wanted to rip her throat out when Fiona made the snide comment.

"I heard he ended up this way because he protected some stupid woman."

Gemma was quick in front of the darker skinned woman as she raised a finger, holding her sunglasses in the same hand.

"You listen here. That woman she saved was my niece -- O'Shay's niece. So watch your mouth you fucking bitch."

Fiona's eyes widened slightly before they narrowed again and she huffed.

"Philip hates O'Shay, why would he save her?"

"Well honey, just because he hates O'Shay, doesn't mean he hates her."

Gemma said an idea sliding into her plotting mind.

"If you seen the way he looked at her, you'd know."

Fiona's eyes widened before she laughed sarcastically crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're joking."

"Oh no sweetheart. Since [Name] came back, Chibs hasn't been able to keep his eyes off her... and the feelings seem to be mutual."

Fiona narrowed her eyes as they shifted from Chibs, who was sleeping, back to Gemma.

"Well, you'd best watch her closer before she ends up getting someone killed."

And with that she scoffed and left the room. Gemma couldn't help but smirk and shake her head.

Not everything she said was a lie -- there was truth to her words. Gemma had caught Chibs more than once watching [Name] either while she worked or when she was doing something else around the Club.

And it was the same for [Name]. Gemma would often see her laughing and smiling while talking with Chibs about whatever. Not to mention her and him had become drinking buddies, always seeing how could drink who under the table first.

It was a shock to Gemma when she noticed this first at the party for Able coming home. She was surprised to see just how relaxed Chibs and [Name] were together on the couch.

She noticed the smiles and laughter the brought to each other. Even if nobody else seen it, Gemma could most certainly see what the two of them together had.

At first she waved it off as a friendship that was starting -- but it slowly became more and more obvious with the way things played out.

Gemma sighed as she made her way to Chibs's bedside and looked down at the man who had risked his life to shield her niece from the blast and took the blunt force of the blow for himself.

Nobody had asked him to do so it was all a split second decision that he had made. Gemma had worried since that day happened and wondered what would have happened if it had been anybody else other than Chibs.

And she didn't even want to begin to think about what would have happened if Chibs had not been with her -- if it was actually her who had started the car.

She sighed deeply before placing her hand down on top of Chibs's own and gave it a small squeeze.

She was so grateful to this man right now that nobody even knew how grateful she was to him.