Part Fifty-Three

Authors Note: Hey guys, this is the last chapter of the story. Hope you have enjoyed it and thanks for reading.

*****

I smiled nervously at myself in the mirror as Rebekah stood behind me, grinning madly. Her eyes welled up slightly, before she turned her face away from the mirror and calmed herself down.

"You just look so beautiful," She whispered, giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"Well, I couldn't have done this without you, Rebekah, so thank you," I smiled back at her before taking a deep breath. "Okay, I think I'm ready."

"Oh, no, one minute... Just wait right here," Rebekah said, holding a hand up in the air and gesturing for me to wait. She then turned on her heel and left the room in a hurry.

I sighed and turned back to the mirror. It was hard to believe I was about to finally walk down the aisle and marry Elijah. But it was happening, and it was happening today.

The dress Rebekah and I had found was beautiful white lace dress, flowing all the way to the floor with a long trail. It had tight lace sleeves going to my elbow and had a nice traditional look about it. It was simple, yet breath-taking. I had a veil tucked into my hair that reached almost to the floor and had a white lace edging. My hair was in an up-do with shorter strands framing my face. I had borrowed some white heels from Rebekah to complete the outfit.

Finally, I heard the door open and turned around expecting Rebekah to be back. Instead, I found myself face to face with two people who were definitely not Rebekah Mikaleson. "Damon? Stevan? What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't make it," I gasped in shock, a grin breaking out on my face.

"We wouldn't miss this for anything," Stefan smiled back at me, "You look beautiful."

"Yeah, and besides, who would give you away if we weren't here to do it?" Damon winked at me.

"I've missed you guys," I laughed and ran to them, embracing them both in a massive hug.

"And if we heard correctly, we have a certain little someone to meet," Damon smirked at me.

I blushed and nodded, "Miracle baby news spreads fast, I see. I was going to tell you, but I thought it would be easier to do in person. Elijah and I have a trip to Mystic Falls planned after our honeymoon."

"It's okay, we understand. Must have been a real shock. You can tell us all about it later, but for now," Stefan smiled and pulled something out of his pocket. "So we know you have something old-"

"Your soon-to-be husband," Damon added over Stefan's speech, causing me to laugh.

"And something new-"

"Your dress."

"Something borrowed-"

"The heels from Rebekah."

"So," Stefan gave Damon an annoyed look, clearly he didn't plan on his input. "We thought we would get you the final piece of the puzzle... Something blue."

He held out the small box and I grinned at them both before taking it from him. I gently lifted the lid of the box and gasped at the beauty inside. It was a necklace with the most dazzling blue sapphire dangling from the end of the silver chain.

"It's beautiful, thank you so much... You didn't need to do that," I smiled up at them both, my eyes welling up with tears.

"No crying, Rebekah will kill us if we ruin your makeup," Damon laughed.

"You're right," I laughed as well, blinking back the tears. "Will you help me put it on?"

Stefan nodded towards Damon, letting him step forward and take the necklace from me before gently lifting the veil and clipping the necklace around my neck.

"Okay, now I'm definitely ready," I smiled happily.

"Good," Rebekah said, opening the door, "Because we're starting this now."

I nodded and she held the door open for me. She looked beautiful in her light blue dress, the colour Elijah and I had decided on for the bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen ties. Elijah had chosen Klaus as his best man, despite everything they would never stop being brothers. Also, over the past month he had been incredibly well behaved, and had even accept Charlie into the family.

I had Rebekah and Hayley as my bridesmaids. Hayley was almost due for her baby now. Jackson was looking after Charlie during the ceremony, he and a few of the wolves from Hayley's clan had also been invited to the wedding and Jackson was surprisingly really good with children. Charlie had taken to him straight away.

I glanced nervously at Damon and Stefan, who both smiled supportively and offered me an arm each. I wrapped mine around there's and we walked out of the room.

It was a short walk to where the ceremony was taking place, a long a corridor and round a corner and we were standing beside the door I was about to marry Elijah in. I was strangely nervous to see him; would he like my dress?

Rebekah and Hayley stood behind us and smiled at me. Let's do this. The music began, signalling my queue to enter. Damon gave my arm a reassuring squeeze before we set off.

When we entered the room I was amazed by how beautiful it looked and by how many familiar faces were smiling broadly at me. It wasn't just Stefan and Damon who had come to the wedding, it was everyone. Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Matt, Tyler, Jeremy, even Alaric. They'd all turned up. I grinned at them all, happy to see them all despite the hectic past we'd had in Mystic Falls.

Davina and Josh were also there, as well as some of the other members of the human, vampire and witch factions that Elijah had insisted we had to invite for political reason. I had allowed it eventually, understanding his reasoning.

My eyes ran across everyone before meeting Elijah's. He was smiling at me, as if I was the only person in the room. I almost thought we were until I was nearly at the alter and Charlie squealed out beside me, his little body squirming in Jackson's to get to me.

I laughed and reached over for a moment to kiss him before letting Damon and Stefan hand me over to Elijah. "You look..." He whispered, "Beautiful."

"Not too bad yourself," I smirked at him. "So, we're finally doing this?"

"We finally are," He grinned back at me.

The ceremony began again and we each said our vows, ending the ceremony with our 'I do's' and our first kiss as a married couple.

As soon as the ceremony finished all I wanted to do was take hold of Charlie and give him a big cuddle. I took him from Jackson and cradled him in my arms as we left for the reception venue.

*

"Hey Charlie, I've got some very important people I want you to meet," I cooed as we approached Damon and Stefan at the reception.  They both looked up and smiled excitedly at us.

"Is this the little man?" Damon grinned, before glancing around him and coughing, "I mean, hey Becs."

"You don't need to pretend you're not excited, he's all you talked about on the way down here," Bonnie called out from the table behind them.

"Shut up," Damon rolled his eyes. He stuck both his arms out and gestured to Charlie, "Okay hand him over to his favourite Uncle."

"You here that Charlie, Uncle Damon's going to spoil you rotten," I grinned before passing Charlie over. Damon took him easily, smiling softly down at him.

"He's so beautiful," Stefan cooed, looking over Damon's shoulder.

"Charlie's going to have an Uncle fight on his hands," I laughed.

"He certainly is," Stefan grinned.

After a bit, Damon passed Charlie over to Stefan and we all sat down to catch up on what they had missed - mainly how the miracle pregnancy occurred. Everyone took turns holding Charlie and cooing over him, as well as congratulating Elijah and I.

It was the most perfect day. The day that was where we started the new chapter in our lives together. As husband, wife and our beautiful son who couldn't be anymore perfect in our eyes.

THE END