Part Thirty-Seven

Authors Apology: Sorry for late update, was really busy!

I felt something hit me lightly on my chest, and then my legs, and then my head. Whatever it was kept raining down on my body as my face twitched. I remembered Marcel staking me in the heart, thinking he would kill me or that Klaus would stop him. But I was a hybrid, one of the only two original hybrids, and therefore couldn't die from just an ordinary stake to the heart.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was being buried by two vampires. I smirked and jumped out of the hole they had planned to bury me in. "Hello boys," I grinned before biting the first one and draining all of his blood. I kicked him into the hole and smirked at the other vampire who ran away from me. Being a hybrid, I easily overtook him and stopped him in his tracks. "Now how about you tell Marcel that he has messed with the wrong hybrid," I smirked widely and the vampire nodded with a scared look. I then grabbed the vampire and bit his neck before letting him go. "You might want to hurry, that's a werewolf bite - the clocks ticking."

He nodded again and disappeared into the night. I laughed and slowly walked back to the French Quarter. As I got closer to the centre of the French Quarter I could hear arguing, and not just any arguing - Niklaus and Elijah arguing. I frowned and headed towards their voices.

"I am asking you to stay here, and I will stay here with you and stand by you, I will be your brother. We will build a home here, together, so save this girl, save your child," Elijah said, honesty clear in his voice. Wait... Did he just say child? Someone is pregnant with Klaus's child? How is that possible? He's a vampire... No, he's a hybrid, he was born a werewolf... Maybe it is possible?

"No," Klaus said defiantly before walking away from Elijah.

"Nice to see you again, Klaus, thanks for all the help back there," I glared at him as he walked towards me.

"I'm not in the mood, Becs," Klaus growled, pushing passed me.

"Well funnily enough, I wasn't in the mood to be stakes in the heart this evening, but you still let that happen," I called after him angrily.

"What?" Elijah appeared beside me in a flash, his hands gently placed in my cheeks, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, although I can't say the same for the two vampires who tried to bury me," I rolled my eyes, "One of them is dead, and one of them is currently dying a painful death by werewolf bite."

"That's my girl," Elijah smirked and kissed me softly, "Maybe next time we should just stay together, though."

"I think that would be better," I laughed, "Especially considering I'm probably top on Marcel's list of people to kill right now, or maybe second after Klaus. Speaking of Klaus, what is this I hear about someone carrying his child?"

"Oh yes, it turns out that Tyler's werewolf friend, Hayley, and Niklaus had a drunken one night stand and now it appears that she is pregnant and being held captive by the witches of the French Quarter," Elijah sighed.

I pursed my lips as a wave of sadness rolled over my body. I thought I had managed to get my emotions under control, but it seems after being almost buried alive again I was pretty much back to square one. "Klaus is having a child that he doesn't care about," I muttered, looking away from Elijah so he wouldn't see how upset this had made me.

It was hard becoming a vampire and then coming to the realisation that you could never have children, never have your own family. When Elijah and I got together again I thought that was the closest thing I would ever get to a family, along with Damon and Stefan. However, I never imagine a baby being a possibility... I had let go of that dream a long time ago.