Part Forty-Five

Elijah and I ended up staying at the compound that night, both of us trying to sleep but neither of us managing to. He had too much on his mind with the mystery of Celeste and why Davina had drew her, labelling her as something evil. I was up thinking about that, and Amy. I wanted to talk to Elijah about it, but how could I now this had happened? It wasn't fair to burden my worries about Amy on him as well when it wasn't his problem to deal with, it was mine.

I left early in the morning to try and talk to Amy again. "Becs," She smiled as she answered the door. "I'm sorry for the way I behaved yesterday, I just got upset."

"It's okay, I was only trying to help," I smiled at her and walked into the lounge. "Have you thought anymore about what I said? Or the witches?"

"He was an innocent, Becs. Marcel needs to learn that he can't do that to people," Amy said darkly.

"But what if it wasn't even Marcel, it most likely wasn't. It was probably one of his night walkers," I said.

"Exactly Becs, one of his night walkers. It doesn't matter who actually killed Leo, it was Marcel that allowed it to happen, that gave the orders," Amy shook her head. "He's a jumped up vampire, who has too much power and needs to be taught a lesson."

"But he doesn't run the French Quarter anymore, Klaus runs it and Marcel just helps him," I explained. "Klaus over took Marcel's reign as King of the French Quarter. He's already lost everything."

"He's not lost everything. He doesn't know what it's like to lose the person that he loves. He's still got some authority and power in the Quarter. I don't care if Klaus has over taken Marcel. Maybe they both need to be taught a lesson," Amy started to work herself up, "I mean, the witches can't even do magic in the Quarter without being killed. Werewolves have been forced out to the bayou. What sort of city is this? A city with a huge vampire problem, that's what it is. And I intend to do something about it. Starting at the top."

I sighed, I wasn't getting anywhere with her. "This mission will kill you," I whispered.

"And what if I don't care? What if I want it to?" Amy demanded.

"How can you even say that? You have a baby to think of, not just yourself," I argued back, angrily.

"I've already got that planned out, I've got it all planned out," Amy shrugged, "You underestimate me."

"I don't underestimate you, I know how powerful you are, but you are underestimating Klaus and Marcel," I stated, "You think they are going to be easy to take down - but they are not."

"I'm prepared for that. I'm prepared for everything," Amy replied calmly. She'd gone mad. She'd finally lost it. Her grief had driven her crazy.

"I can't... You can't do this..." I stammered out.

"And you can't stop me," She shrugged lazily. "You're not changing my mind, so it's pointless trying to."

I sighed and nodded in defeat. "I have to go, we've got problems in the Quarter."

"Surprise, surprise," She laughed humourlessly.

"Just be careful," I squeezed her hand in my gently before heading back to the compound.

I was half way back to the compound, when everything began shaking around me. Was this an earthquake? I knelt down on the floor to steady myself as the shaking got harder. I could hear people screaming around me as things began falling from shelves in shops and houses.

When it finally stopped I hurried into the town. I stopped as I saw a shelving rack, standing outside one of the shops had fallen on a young girl. She couldn't have been more than three years old. I ran over to her, and flung the shelving unit off of her tiny body. Blood dribbled out of her mouth as her eyes closed.