Part Thirty-Four

"Becs, you look fine! Would you just go already?" Tyler laughed as I stood in front of his mirror examining myself. Nervous wasn't even a concept now, I was way beyond that by the thought that I was about to meet with Elijah.

"I don't know... do you think I look too dressy?" I frowned, turning myself in the mirror to look at all angles of the white summer dress I was wearing, teamed up with a pair of black heeled boots.

"No! For God sake Becs, you look gorgeous, now get your sexy little ass to town so your boyfriend can agree with me," Tyler rolled his eyes, considering this was like the twentieth time I had asked him.

"Okay, okay, I'm going," I laughed, holding my hands up in a surrendering gesture. "Want to give me a lift into town though?"

"Sure, what would you do without me?" He laughed, as we left his house together and got into his car. I had gone to Tyler's after getting dressed this morning and continued more of my painting, it was almost finished now. I had taken a bag of clothes with me to try on different outfits for the meeting with Elijah, hence why Tyler was getting frustrated with me contemplating my outfit so much. In my defence, I needed to look good to feel confident about this whole situation, when all I wanted to do was to break down.

When we arrived in the town centre I got out of the car and thanked Tyler for the lift, before heading over to a bench to sit down and wait for Elijah. He hadn't specified where to meet, so I was assuming he'd just find me. "Hello, Rebecca," I heard a familiar British accent behind me, immediately putting me on edge for what was about to happen.

I stood up, frowning as I faced Klaus, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see you, of course. You see Elijah hasn't really grasped the concept of phone security so it was pretty easy really. He doesn't even have a passcode on his phone," Klaus smirked and took my arm in his, making it so I couldn't run off without causing a scene in the middle of the busy town.

I glared at the floor angrily as he pulled me away from the crowds and round the back of the Grill. "What do you want?" I said finally, not being able to stop my mind racing and needing to know the answer to what he wanted.

"We need to have a little chat, love, because I have a problem," Klaus sighed dramatically and let go of my arm, turning to face me.

"Don't you always? What has this got to do with me?" I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms across my chest to show I was not in the mood for games, despite feeling panicky inside.

"What it has to do with you, love, is that you're my problem. If people want me dead, all they have to do is kill you and I'm not willing to take that risk," He explained, looking cunning and frustrated.

I frowned and stepped away from him, wondering what the hell his plan was and how it would affect me. The coffin flashed back into my mind, filling me with panic but I forced it down so that I could focus on the situation in front of me. Panicking would not help me now. "What are you going to do?" I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Becs, I really do like you so don't take this personally, but I need to get rid of you to prevent more threats on my life," Klaus actually had the audacity to look regretful as he said it.

"You don't need to do this, Klaus, just train me to fight like you do. Elijah started to and said I was getting good. I can work on it and I'll be fine," I argued desperately, I felt weak by begging him to not do whatever he was planning to get rid of me, but I would do anything to not be put back in that coffin again.

"It's too late, Becs," He sighed and looked down at my chest.

I followed his eye line and frowned as I saw small blood droplets on the white material. Lifting my hand to my nose, I felt a warm, sticky substance that could only be one thing, I pulled my hand back to confirm that it was indeed covered in blood. What was going on? I gasped in pain and fell to my knees, clutching my heart that felt like it was being squeezed in my chest so that all the blood came pouring out through my chest and over my dress. I screamed as my head felt like it was going to explode, and slowly my white dress became red. "I'm sorry, Becs," Klaus whispered.