Part Seven

"You love me?"

Elijah looked down at the floor, running a hand through his hair. Something about the movement felt so familiar to me. Something about him felt so familiar, and before now I had put it down to the fact that he taught me all those years ago, that he was one of the first vampires I knew. But now I knew it was more.

"Did I love you?" I asked him, my voice strangely calm now that it had sunken in. Elijah didn't answer, but the looked gave me told me that it was a yes. "Oh God, seriously? I mean, I get it - I still feel something - but why the hell would you compel that away from me if you loved me?"

"It was because I loved you that I had to do it," Elijah's voice sounded broken, like he was scared but of what, I wasn't sure.

"Because of Niklaus, it wasn't safe because he would have killed me?" I questioned, already knowing the answer and moving on, "So you wanted me to have a normal vampire life and be safe from your brother, okay fair enough. But you knew I was the hybrid and you knew this day would come when Niklaus found me and I wouldn't be safe from him again. What was your plan? What is your plan?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, looking confused.

"Well, are you going to let me have my memories and feelings back? Because you know, they are mine after all and I'm pretty sure I would never have let you take them willingly," I narrowed my eyes at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No, I admit, you didn't. I did what was necessary, to keep you safe," Elijah's eyes were so full of honesty that my heart clenched.

"Elijah, I want to remember," I whispered, moving my hand to touch his arm, stepping close enough to him that I could feel his warmth. "I feel it inside of me, the hole you made in my heart when you took those memories and feelings. I need to remember."

He stared at me for what seemed like an eternity, his eyes full of apprehension, fear and longing. "You're scared," I whispered in realisation, "You're scared that I won't love you anymore. Why?"

"It's been over a century, how many times have you been in love since then?" He asked me quietly, walking away.

"Three times," I replied honestly, "But this is different Elijah, I can feel it."

"I haven't loved anyone since you," He sighed.

"But you didn't have you feelings ripped away from you!" I argued angrily. "Just give me them back Elijah and I will make the decision as to whether I love you or not."

"And what if you don't?" He shouted, "What do I do then? I love you, Rebecca, even after all this time. What do I do if you don't feel the same?"

"And what do you do if I do and you never give me the memories back?" I argued. "Yes, maybe I will love you again in the future, heck I know I want to kiss you and have since you got me out of that damned tomb, but it will never be the same if I know you are keeping things from me. Things that belong to me. I want my memories back Elijah, and I want you to do it now."

He kept his back to me, his fists clenching and unclenching. After a minute I ran at him, using my vampire speed, slammed him against the wall and crashed my lips to his. He was shocked but responded almost immediately. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands tangled in my hair. I kissed him harder, wanting nothing more than to eliminate the space between us. His hands slid down to my thighs and he lifted me up, I responded by wrapping my legs around his waist.

Suddenly, my back was against a bed and Elijah was climbing on top of me, his knees either side of my thighs. I hurriedly ripped off his shirt and threw it across room as he did the same with mine. He undid my jeans and I helped him pull them off and toss them somewhere neither of us cared about. I smiled up at him before kissing him again.