Part Eighteen

Klaus's POV

"Are you sure that we are doing this right?" I asked Gloria's sister. We had been at this for days now and nothing had changed except Becs getting weaker and weaker. Gloria had disappeared or died, whichever, and now I had her sister taking her place. I needed this to get done.

Whilst Becs was out I had been back to Mystic Falls and found out that Elena Gilbert was still alive and that her blood was the key to making my hybrids. Tyler Lockwood was my first successful hybrid and Stefan had turned off his humanity. Everything was going fine, except that Damon Salvatore told me Katherine had gone looking for my father, Mikael, who would kill me and my family if he was released and found us. I could not let that happen. As soon as Damon told me I fled with as much of Elena's blood as I could. I came back to check on Becs's progress but nothing had changed. I needed her to help me, she would be able to help me create new hybrids and form an army against Mikael. As much as I hated to admit it, I want her on my side.

"Yes, she will break soon," She nodded in response. "We just need to find the person that will break her."

"We've used everyone she loves," I growled, throwing my glass against the wall angrily. Why wasn't this working?

"There has to be somebody else, someone you've not thought of," She argued.

I sighed and called Stefan, I had left him in Mystic Falls to watch over my doppelgänger whilst Rebekah was to watch over my successful hybrid. "Stefan there has to be someone else, think," I growled down the phone.

"I don't know Klaus, I've told you everyone I can think of," Stefan replied down the phone and I could almost hear him rolling his eyes which only made me angrier.

"Think Stefan," I snapped, feeling my anger boil. I wanted to kill someone.

There was a long pause before Stefan spoke again, "Elizabeth," he said quietly.

"What?" I demanded.

"Elizabeth, Becs's younger sister," Stefan explained further. "I don't know much about her, she carries a picture of her around in her purse. I asked who it was once and she told me it was her sister."

"Anything else that I should know?" I raised my eyebrow, annoyed he hadn't suggested her before.

"No, she didn't say anything else and I knew better than to question her when she didn't want to talk. That's why I didn't think of her before because all I know is her name," Stefan sounded bored. As much fun as he was when he turned his humanity off, he was also incredibly annoying.

I hung up the phone and turned to Gloria's sister, Glenda. "Use her sister, Elizabeth. There should be a photo in her purse."

I walked over to Becs's bag and pulled her purse out. I opened it and immediately saw a photograph of a young girl. She must have been about five or six years old. The photograph was more of an extremely life-like drawing, since there probably wasn't cameras back in her day. The girl was smiling widely, almost looking as though she was giggling. I couldn't help the small smile that graced my lips. She reminded me of my little brother Henrick... He died when he was only young, killed by a werewolf. What had happened to Becs's sister that made her such a sore subject to talk about?

*

Becs's POV

I don't know how long I'd been trapped in the room for, I hadn't had any blood and I didn't even have the effort to move from where I was collapsed in a heap on the floor. I had cried all of my tears and all I could do now was scream as Klaus marched in the next victim to be slaughtered as my body forced itself into the sand line of pain.