Part Twenty-Three

"So your mother was in that coffin?" I frowned, "I thought she was dead?"

"So did we all, and she was dead, but being the powerful witch she is she managed to get back from the other side," Elijah explained. He'd come over to the Boarding House to tell me what had happened after we left last night.

"What does she want? Because Stefan and Damon thought whoever was in that coffin would be able to kill Klaus," I asked, my brain was full of questions.

"She says she wants to reunite our family," Elijah shrugged. "Even Niklaus."

"But he killed her?" I frowned. Was I missing something here?

"I know, but apparently she's forgiven him," He shrugged.

"So, what? That means you all have to forgive him for putting daggers in your hearts?" I said angrily.

"I thought you were Team Klaus?" Elijah laughed.

"I am not Team Klaus, I merely did not want to see him getting betrayed by his family," I rolled my eyes at him, before adding, "Not that I condone what he did to you all, I just didn't want to be witness to you disowning your brother."

"I'm not annoyed at you for leaving, don't worry," He smiled at me.

"So what's mummy's plan to get you all singing together around the campfire?" I asked him. "Not that I think that's possible, because your family has enough drama to fill multiple novels and still not cover half of it."

"True," He chuckled, "But she's convinced it will work... So convinced in fact that she has organised a ball at the house tonight, to get the town to embrace us or something."

"To embrace you?" I laughed, "Your vampires, the town is not going to embrace you."

"They've embraced you and the Salvatore's," Elijah commented.

"Correction: They tolerate us because we force out or kill the vampires that actually pose a threat to the town," I pointed out.

"Very true, although that hasn't happened with us yet," Elijah smirked.

"Maybe because I don't want to force you out," I grinned at him. "I happen to like having you round."

"Oh really?" He smirked.

"As a matter of fact, I do," I kissed him softly, "More than you know."

"I love you," He sighed happily, kissing my forehead.

"I love you too," I smiled back at him.

"Oh, and I must remember to give you this," He said, pulling something out of the inside of his suit jacket. He hand me an envelope, which I took with a questioning look. I opened it and saw that it was an invitation to the ball he had mentioned. "Now I have to find something to wear," I groaned.

"Already sorted," Elijah smirked and pulled out a box from behind him. How had I not seen that before? Oh yeah, I was too busy admiring my handsome boyfriend. That might be why.

"What?" I looked at him in shock. "Elijah... I can't..."

"Yes you can, go on and open it," He laughed and pushed it towards me.

I grinned and him and opened it. My eyes widened as I saw the beautiful navy dress inside, it was a floor length dress that was fitted at the top before flowing loosely from the waist. The top of the dress was strapless and had a fancy embezzlement of jewels. All in all, it must have cost a heck of a lot.

"Elijah, it's beautiful," I whispered, touching the material softly.

"I'm glad you like it," He smiled at me.