Part Forty-Four

When I woke in the morning it was to the sounds of music, laughter and people shouting in the streets. It was the Casket Girls Festival today. The festival stems from the legend of a group of oppressed girls, forced to do things by men. In the legend they turn on these men, killing them and escaping. In actual fact, Rebekah had killed the men and helped the girls to escape and take control of their own lives. It was celebrated as a festival in honour of women everywhere, showing them that they can take control of their own lives and not be oppressed by men. Well, that's what the festival is supposed to represent, but I figure that people just want an excuse to party and get drunk nowadays.

That wasn't the only thing I was woken up to however, I was also woken up to the news that Davina had run away in the night, so Elijah, Rebekah and I were called to Klaus's compound to help find her.

I didn't really want to be involved, because if I was Davina I'd have run away a long time ago. She was being used by everyone since she obtained all of her power from the harvest girls. So I made up an excuse and went to see Amy.

I knocked on her door and waited for her to open the door. "Hi," I smiled and hugged her. "How are you feeling?"

"As well as expected," She smiled, I could tell she'd been crying. "I just miss him so much, you know."

"I know," I smiled softly and made her a cup of tea, whilst she sat down. "Do you need anything picking up?" I asked, looking through her empty fridge and cupboards.

"No, it's alright, I'm planning on going shopping later," She laughed, "You worry about me too much."

"You're pregnant now, remember you're feeding for two," I gave her a stern look. "You've got to keep your strength up."

"I know, I know," She rolled her eyes at me. I picked up both of the mugs of tea and passed her one, before sitting opposite her.

"So, how was it going to see the witches?" I asked her. I wanted to keep updated with what she was doing, because I was worried she'd do something stupid in her grieving state and get herself in trouble with Marcel, or worse, Klaus.

"It was revealing," Amy nodded as she sipped her tea, "They were able to answer most of the question I had. They were all really nice and supportive of my situation. They did warn me about the Mikaleson's and Marcel though, tried to convince me to leave the city."

"Well, they weren't wrong, it's dangerous here, especially for witches," I nodded, hoping she'd listen to them and get out of here before it was too late.

"I can't leave... I'm not finished here," Amy shook her head.

"What are you looking for here, Amy? Why are you here?" I asked seriously, hoping her answer wasn't revenge.

"Honestly, I don't know... I just... I need to see him," She sighed, looking away from my eyes.

"Who? Marcel?" I frowned.

"Yes... I just want to look him in the eyes and ask him why," She whispered.

"But how is that going to help? His answer will simply be because he could," I said, but it seemed she already knew this, "He doesn't need an excuse to kill someone, he just can."

"But he shouldn't be allowed," Amy argued, shaking her head. "It's not fair."

"I know it's not fair, but that's the way it is here Amy. That's why you need to take the advice of the witches and leave her before Marcel gets wind of you being here and what you are after," I begged her. "Please Amy, think about your baby."

"I am thinking about my baby," She snapped, "But I am also thinking of my innocent boyfriend, brutally murdered at the hands of Marcel."

"Let me talk to him? Let me ask him," I suggested. "He can't hurt me like he can hurt you."