Part Two

I woke up in my own bed and sighed, I had hoped to see Jeremy before I left the Masquerade Ball last night but when I asked someone if they'd seen him they'd said he'd given Bonnie a lift home. Was I being paranoid or was he spending a lot of time with Bonnie lately? No, he's my boyfriend, remember that Becs. He loves me, no one else. Although, saying that he had been really distant lately... No stop it, you're just going to upset yourself.

I sighed again and climbed out of bed. After getting dressed I went downstairs to find Stefan or Damon, just someone to talk to. I found my phone on the kitchen table and checked it, I had various texts from Stefan, Damon and Caroline saying Tyler had triggered his curse. Full moons just got a whole lot more interesting around here.

There was no one here. I frowned and looked around the room, usually they'd leave me a note or a text or something. I picked up my phone again and text both Stefan and Damon, asking where they were. I grabbed a blood bag and drained it before heading to Jeremy's.

"Good morning," I smiled as he answered the door.

"You could have text me to say Elena stayed at yours," Jeremy said, picking up his keys and school bag.

"She didn't?" I frowned, "Or at least I don't think she did."

"Well she didn't stay. Here, so she must have," Jeremy shrugged and walked out of the door. "Maybe you were too busy with vampire stuff to notice or something."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned, stopping outside Jeremy's car.

"Nothing, come on we're going to be late," Jeremy shook his head.

"Come here first," I smiled and took his hand, pulling him closer to me.

"We don't have time," Jeremy sighed as I pushed up on to my toes to kiss him.

"Jer, have I done something wrong?" I frowned, falling back on to my feet normally as he pulled his head back. Why wouldn't he kiss me?

"No, I told you, we don't have time," Jeremy pushed passed me and got into the drivers seat.

I stared at him in shock for a moment before getting in the passenger's side. Something was wrong with him, with us.

The car journey was silent and when we got to school he made an excuse to leave. I followed him into the school and watched as he walked over to Stefan. "You gotta give me a heads up if you want me to cover for Elena," Jeremy sighed, "I mean, Jenna's cool with you guys but your pushing it."

"What are you talking about?" Stefan frowned. I knew she didn't stay over.

"You and Elena, look I'm glad you guys are back together but if she's going to sleep over then you-" Stefan cut Jeremy off, stopping him walking in the corridor.

"Hold on a minute, Elena and I are not back together, and she didn't stay over last night," Stefan frowned. He glanced over Jeremy's shoulder at me and I shrugged back.

"Her bed hasn't been slept in, and Mrs Lockwood said her car was still in the driveway," Jeremy frowned, "Where is she then?"

"I told you she didn't stay at ours," I muttered as I walked passed them. Whatever Jeremy's problem was, he had better sort it out fast, I was not in the mood for him playing games.

Stefan grabbed my arm and pulled me outside the school. He was already on the phone to Damon, telling him Elena was missing. When Damon eventually met us outside the school Stefan said, "This has Katherine written all over it."

"Katherine's in the tomb-" Damon said, shaking his head.

"She's what? Why didn't you tell me she wasn't dead? I need to talk to her," I said.