Part Fifty

I felt Elijah's arm wrap around me and rest on the large bump that was now my stomach, "You know, I had this really weird dream that I was pregnant," I murmured as we lay together.

"Strange, I had a dream that we were going to be parents," Elijah whispered back, in my ear.

I felt a weight settle on me and a lump rise in my throat, "But Amy's dead," I whispered, unable to say it any louder.

"She was ready to die, she had everything in place. She knew she wouldn't make it out of that alive," Elijah rubbed my stomach comfortingly.

"Klaus," I sighed, "Why did he do it? I thought he hated Marcel?"

"He does, but he still loves him like a son... He's exiled him from the French Quarter though," Elijah explained. "Marcel and Rebekah were the ones who summoned Mikael to New Orleans, causing us to almost die at his hand."

"I remember you telling me that story," I nodded, "He set the theatre on fire, didn't he?"

"Yes. Now, let's move on to a more pleasant subject. Like what we are going to do now we have a little baby on the way," Elijah kissed my cheek before bending down and kissing the baby bump.

"I was scared you wouldn't accept Squirt," I said as he climbed out of the bed and began to get ready.

"Why would you think that?" He frowned.

"Because of the circumstances, because it's technically not ours," I shrugged, patting the bump gently.

"The baby is ours though, Amy said in her letter that she wants us to treat the baby like it is ours, and that's what I intend to do," Elijah smiled at me, "I'm getting you checked out by a doctor."

"I'm going to need a hand up first," I laughed.

"No, you need to stay and rest, I will be back soon," Elijah kissed my forehead before leaving.

I grabbed my phone off of the side and dialled Hayley's number. "Hayley," I said when she answered.

"Becs, what's up?" She asked.

"Something happened last night after the party... Something I can't explain over the phone. Could you come over to the compound today? I really need to talk to you," I hated the way my voice sounded so pleading.

"Of course, I'll make my way over now," She said, understanding that something very serious had happened.

"Thanks Hayley," I smiled and hung up. Hayley and I might not have always seen eye to eye, but if anyone could help me get my head wrapped around miracle babies, it was her.

Hayley made it to the compound before Elijah got back, I heard her shout my name as she walked in. "I'm upstairs," I called down to her.

A few minutes later she was standing in the bedroom doorway, her eyes wide as she stared at my stomach. "What the hell?"

"It's easier if you let me show you," I said, biting back a nervous laugh as she walked over to me, not taking her eyes off of the baby bump.

She sat on the bed beside me and I lifted my hands to her temples, letting her into my mind and showing her to memories of last night. When I was done I let go of her face and waited for her to speak. "So you're pregnant... With your friend Amy's baby... Who used magic to transfer the baby into your womb after she died?"

"Yes," I nodded simply. What else was there to say?

"Wow, and I thought my baby was the miracle baby," She murmured. "How did Elijah take the news?"

"Surprisingly well, he's gone to get a doctor to check me and Squirt over," I explained, "He's going to make a really good dad."

"You're going to make a great mum as well though," Hayley smiled, "You've always wanted your own little family and now you have it, I know it's not under the best circumstances but you've got what you've always wanted."