Part Forty

I woke up and looked beside me at Tyler, who was still asleep. I'd been with him for two days now, he had insisted I stay with him until he "sorts out" the people who want information on me and Klaus - for my own protection he said.

"Tyler, get up, it's already evening," I laughed, slapping his arm lightly.

He jerked as his eyes flung open, and he looked around wildly before his eyes landed on me. "Somethings wrong," He said, urgently, "Come on."

With that he sprung out of bed and ran out of the door. I heard howling as I followed him out. Both of us stopped and glanced at each other before transforming into our wolf forms. We grunted in pain, as our bones snapped and transformed into that of a wolf.

I followed Tyler as we sprinted through the bayou towards the sound of the howling. I didn't understand what was going on, but I was being pulled towards something. Something important that needed protecting. It had felt like a slight tug inside of me when I was in my normal form, but in my wolf form it was like a force I had never felt, driving me towards this unknown being I needed to protect.

In front of us appeared two females, from where I was I could see as they fell to the floor. We pushed ourselves faster to get to them before the men trying to kill them. We split apart as the men drew closer. All I knew is that I had to protect her. I had to protect Hayley and her baby.

I felt the warm taste of blood in my mouth as my sharp teeth ripped through their flesh easily, their screams only fuelling me. It took only minutes for the bodies to pile up around us. I glanced at Tyler before I turned back into my normal form and bent down next to Hayley. I was naked after turning into my wolf form had ripped my clothes, but I knew Tyler wouldn't care. This was more important.

Hayley's eyes were closed as I pulled the arrow out of her chest. I picked her up and carried her away from the bodies, Rebekah was the other female with her, but I knew she'd be fine. We had to make sure Hayley healed and the baby was not harmed.

When we reached a safe distance, I placed Hayley down. I could smell the blood on her and after the warlocks and witches we had just ripped apart, I had a taste for blood and I wanted to drain every last drop from this world. From Hayley. But I couldn't, because she was family now she was carrying Klaus's child. "You stay with her, I need to get out of here," I said to Tyler, before turning into my wolf form and running into the trees.

I made it a safe distance before I slowed down and started to enjoy being in this form more. It was like I was an entirely different person, I didn't feel the urge to drain people's blood from their bodies or the overwhelming emotions anymore, I just felt at ease and happy.

I don't know how long I padded around the woods for until I heard the familiar voices of Klaus and Rebekah. I headed towards them, listening to their voices get louder as I approached. I saw a dishevelled Hayley walk out of the woods a little further to the right of me and head towards them.

"Hayley," Rebekah hurried to her side and wrapped her arm around her. "Are you okay?"

"Completely healed, not a scratch on her," Klaus murmured as he examined her himself.

"Perks of being a werewolf," She shrugged.

"No, this is more than -" Klaus started but Rebekah cut him off.

"Leave her be, Niklaus, she's had a hard enough night as it is," She snapped, gently helping Hayley sit down on some steps outside a building. I didn't know what the building was but it was strange to have it this far away from civilisation. "It's the baby healing her," Rebekah said in surprise a moment later.

"Who were they?" Klaus demanded suddenly.

"I don't know, witches or warlocks," Hayley shrugged.