Part Thirty-Eight

Author's Note: Okay so this part is really short, but I realised how long it had been since I uploaded, tomorrow there will be a full upload but thought I'd get this up for now. Sorry.

*

I stayed in Mystic Falls for another three days before I received a call from Elijah, the first contact we'd had since I left New Orleans. I was playing Twister with Damon and Stefan at the time, during one of the brief moments when they weren't busy trying to stop some evil vampire.

I was entangled with Damon when it had gone off, bursting into life as it vibrated in my back pocket, which was resting against Damon's thigh. "You better get that before it moves any further up my leg," Damon grumbled, trying to edge away from the vibrations.

"Stefan help," I called out, raising one of my hands up in the air for him to grab. He took hold of it and pulled me upright easily, knocking Damon down in the process.

"Hello," I answered the phone without looking at the caller ID as I laughed at Damon in a heap on the floor.

"Rebecca," Elijah's voice was easily recognisable on the other end of the line.

"Elijah," I said in the same tone, walking away from Damon and Stefan and leaving the house for some privacy.

"It has come to my attention that perhaps I wasn't as understanding as I should have been... Can we meet up and talk?" Elijah sighed,his emotion seeping through into his voice. My heart ached as I realised that he was upset.

"Of course, will you come down here?" I asked him, not knowing if I was ready to see Klaus or the pregnant werewolf.

"Yes, I'll meet you at the Mystic Grill in an hour?" Elijah paused before he told me when to meet him, as if he was checking his watch.

"Promise?" I smirked to myself.

"I promise," Elijah chuckled, before he turned serious again, "I love you Rebecca, don't ever doubt that."

"I don't Elijah, I love you too... No matter what," I sighed, not wanting to hang up but knowing I had to. I felt the wave of emotion building inside me. Ever since I had been back in Mystic Falls I had really been getting the hang of controlling my emotions, I had seen Tyler a few times and he was really impressed with my improvement. I was almost back to normal again, but times like this that were unexpected just threw me off slightly. I took a few deep breaths and composed myself as we ended the call. I would see him in an hour, and everything will be fine. We will be fine.

*

I had spent the hour between Elijah's call and the time we had agreed to meet getting myself ready. I was nervous. I was acting as if it was a first date with a boy I had had a crush on for years. I tried to calm myself down by saying that it was just Elijah, that I had nothing to be nervous about - because I didn't. So why was I feeling like that? It didn't make sense.

I tried six different outfits on before I settled for a casual summer dress, I knew Elijah liked this dress because he picked it out for me. I spent extra time on my make up and hair to make sure it was exactly right, nothing out of place or smudged.

"Becs, calm down, what are you so worked up about?" Stefan had asked when he walked into my bedroom to see me throwing things around in frustration.

"Everything has to be perfect," I snapped at him, before throwing him an apologetic look.

"Elijah doesn't care what you look like, you've been together long enough to know that," Stefan sighed, beginning to pick up my discarded clothes from the floor.

"I know," I flopped down onto my bed, "I'm just so nervous, and I don't know why."

"Because you're worried about what he'll say, if he's staying in New Orleans or not, this is a big decision for you both," Stefan rested his hand on my leg as he sat beside me.

"Stefan," I whined, he knew how much I hated responsibility and important decisions. "Don't put more pressure on me."

"I'm sorry, but you really need to think about this," He gave me a stern look to say don't make any rash decisions.

"I don't though, not really, I'll go wherever Elijah goes... I have been with you and Damon for over a century and a half, I love you two more than anything in this world... But I also love Elijah too, and we need to start our chapter and wherever we start it, we'll be together and that's all that matters. It's time for me to move on Stefan, but that doesn't mean I can't come and visit you," I nudged his shoulder with a smile on my face. He laughed and smiled back at me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"You look amazing, just get a move on or you'll be late," He laughed before leaving me to finish getting ready.

Now, that was almost three hours ago and I am still sat in the Grill waiting for Elijah. He promised me he would turn up and he was almost three hours late. I had called him at least thirty times and left him dozens of angry voicemails and text messages. Here I was sat all dressed up to impress him, waiting for him to turn up and take me into his arms and yet he's late. And he is never late. Not unless anything happened...

"Hey Becs," Matt pulled me out of my dark thoughts.

"Matt," I sighed, he'd been trying to keep me company whilst I waited for Elijah. He was on shift but since he worked behind the bar anyway, we could chat in between his customers. "I'm worried, he promised he would be here."

"Well he is living with Klaus, he might have been stabbed in the back... again," Matt tried to joke, but upon seeing the horror on my face as the realisation of what might of happened hit me, he tried to take it back. "No, no, Becs, I was only joking! He's probably just caught up in some business out there."

"No, I should never have left hi up their with Klaus," I shook my head, standing up from my seat at the bar. "I have to get to New Orleans. Tell Stefan and Damon I'll call them."

With that said I took off out of the Grill, with Matt shouting after me, "Becs!"

I jumped into my car and put my foot down as I sped out of Mystic Falls. My mind was racing with the possibilities. I pulled my phone out and dialled Rebecca's number. "Rebecca," I said urgently as she picked up. "Where are you?"

"I'm in New Orleans, what's wrong?" She asked me.

"Is Elijah there? He was supposed to meet me, he promised, but he didn't turn up. I'm worried. I'm on my way now," I said in a hurry.

"That's why I'm here too, he hasn't been responding to my phone calls or messages. I'll see what I can find out and fill you in when you get here... We'll find him, Becs," Rebecca said softly before hanging up.

I felt relieved that Rebecca was already in New Orleans and starting the search for Elijah, at least I had someone to help me once I arrived. If any harm had come to Elijah, I don't know what I would do. Well, if it had anything to do with Klaus I might kill kill him, even if it meant killing myself. But I will get to the bottom of it and I will do whatever it takes to get Elijah back.

As I drove to New Orleans my mind ran with the possibilities on what could have happened, and my answer always came back to one person: Niklaus. I was getting myself angrier as I thought about it more and more, and I knew it would all be released as soon as I found him. I was ready to hurt him as much as he had hurt me these past few months. He'd pressed the wrong buttons this time. Not only was he getting my dream of having a child and family, but he also had taken the one person I loved on this Earth away from me. Well, not for much longer. He'd gone too far now.