Part Nine

I stood at the border of Mystic Falls and felt my stomach flutter, what would I find here? I pushed away my morbid thoughts and walked into town. It had taken me hours to get here because I had no idea where in the middle of no where the cottage was hidden. When I had finally found a town, I spoke to some locals and found out I was a three hour vampire run away from Mystic Falls. I stopped halfway for a break and blood bag as well. So seeing the Mystic Grill was a welcome sight. Before I went inside however, I slipped into a clothing shop and compelled myself a change of clothes, including a hooded jacket and a pair of sunglasses. Hopefully that would be enough to hide my identity whilst I was in the Grill. I just needed to find someone, and then it wouldn't matter who recognised me.

I walked into the Grill, hoping I would be able to find him in here and smiled as I saw him sat with his dad. I was on to a winner. I headed over to them and slid into the empty seat opposite them. "We need to talk about a certain missing person," I said looking at the two warlocks.

"Becs Salvatore," Dr Martin looked at me, evaluating me.

"Dr Jonas Martin, Luka," I nodded to them in turn, "Do you know somewhere we can talk?"

Dr Martin gestured that here was fine to talk, but I shook my head, "Not with so many ears," I kept my voice low, glancing out behind the corner of my hood to see if anyone was looking. Luckily no one was. "Elijah didn't come back last night, I'm supposed to be in hiding from Niklaus. He was supposed to come back to me."

A look of realisation crossed Dr Martin's features, "I'm sorry, I didn't realise you were the Rebecca Elijah told me about." He grabbed a napkin off the table and a pen out of his pocket before scribbling something down on it. He slid it across the table to me and I realised it was an address on it.

I looked up as I heard the door open across the bar and saw Bonnie and Stefan walk in. I grabbed the napkin, thanked the warlocks and ran out of that bar as fast as I could. I looked at the address and decided to go there now and wait for the Martin's to arrive, they wouldn't be that long. I'm assuming Bonnie and Stefan were there to meet with them and try to broker some kind of deal, I just hoped that they stayed true to Elijah and wouldn't betray him and me, by default. I needed them if I was going to get Elijah back safely.

It was about half an hour after I arrived at the apartment that the Martin's showed up. I smiled at them and pulled down my hood. "Becs," Dr Martin nodded at me in greeting and unlocked his apartment door. I stopped outside the door and waited for him, "Do come in."

I smiled and thanked him before stepping across the invisible barrier that had been there a second ago. "Now what can we do for you?" Dr Martin asked as him and his son looked at me.

"Do you know where Elijah is?" I asked him immediately.

"No, but we can find out," Dr Martin replied smoothly, "But what do you want with him?"

"Sir, I know that you and your son are working with Elijah to kill Niklaus, and that's fine do what you have to do. I don't know how much Elijah has told you about me, probably not much other than that I'm important or need protecting. Anyway, in answer to your question, I am here because I know something has happened to Elijah and I need to find him and help him. He promised he would protect me from Niklaus and keep me safe, so I figure I owe him one," I answered Dr Martin's question, hoping he'd help me.

"What do you think happened to Elijah?" He questioned me further.

"My dumb ass brother probably tried to kill him," I rolled my eyes at Damon's stupid actions. "I don't mean to be rude, but Niklaus's little minions could be hunting me down at this very minute to kill me or take me to him - whichever - and Elijah risked being put back in a box by his brother to help find me a safe place to stay. By leaving there to find him, I have thrown all of that away. Please can you help me find him or do I need to do this by myself? Because I will... I love him Sir, but I could really do with your help."