Part Forty-Seven

Author's note: can't update for a few days so going to put the updates up now. Hence the three updates in one day. Enjoy.

*

Becs's POV

I woke up after God knows how long in a dark, damp room. It was pitch black, and I could hear a damp spot dripping from the ceiling. I tried to move but my hands and feet were bound by something and I was too weak to break it.

"Rebecca Pennyworth..." A voice echoed in the darkness, Sabine's voice. "Or is it Salvatore? Or perhaps Mikaleson now?"

"Celeste?" I called out, my voice hoarse.

"Very good, he taught you well," She laughed.

"You called me your replacement, that's what you meant... That Elijah loved you and now he loves me," It almost sounded ridiculous as I said it. She was jealous.

"Oh I don't think he ever stopped loving me, do you?" Her voice bounced off the walls, hitting me like a punch to the gut.

The world lit up in front of me, and I found myself standing in a street, Elijah and Sabine - or rather Celeste - standing in the street... Kissing. It wasn't an old memory, it was a new memory. He had kissed Celeste whilst I was trapped her at her own hand.

I felt sick, I felt dizzy with emotion. I shook my head, "No, stop it, I don't want to see it anymore."

"But it gets better," She sounded smug, as more memories flashed in front of my eyes. I couldn't tell if they were old ones or recent ones. I couldn't tell if he ever loved me, was it all a lie?

They were kissing. They were having sex. They were taking romantic strolls in the sunset. They were telling each other they loved each other. Was this when we was Celeste or Sabine? Or was it both? Had all his memories and feelings come flooding back when he realised who Sabine really was?

"What do you want?" I asked her, feeling deflated. I wanted her to go, to leave here in the silence. Or to neutralise me, if that was her end game I wanted to get on with it.

"I'm going to break the Mikaleson bond. As we speak Niklaus is being shown Rebekah's ultimate betrayal, and he will turn on her and take his revenge. He will do something horrible to her and Elijah won't be able to forgive him, the brotherly bond will be broken. And any person Elijah gets close to I will destroy. He will never know love and happiness again," Celeste fell silent after her little speech and I let the weight of it settle on my shoulders.

"What are you going to do to me?" I whispered.

"I am going to make you wish that Elijah Mikaleson had never found you in that barn," I couldn't see what Elijah had ever seen in her, she sounded like she was full of hatred and anger. Is that what happened after the Mikaleson family had taken you in, chewed you up and spat you back out again? Would that ever be me?

Pain erupted over every inch of my body, through every vein in my body, and every fibre of my being. I could faintly hear myself screaming but I was in too much pain to stop myself. It was blinding. I didn't know how I was still conscious, but I could hear Celeste laughing all around me.

Again images of Celeste and Elijah were so vivid in my vision I felt like I was watching it in person. Between the pain and the images, she was going to drive me crazy.

I don't know how long it went on for, but the images and pain disappeared eventually and I was surrounded by darkness. "So, I heard that someone has a fear of coffins, and do you know what I have here with me?" I heard something get wheeled into the room.