You look familiar

Lueran

Owwie. My side hurt pretty badly, and as I turned in my sleep, I made a note to take a look at it later. I heard soft hissing from somewhere near and reached over to stroke Callow on his head. Eyes still closed, I felt my ears twitch as his voice sounded softly.

"Viper? How are you feeling?" came Sinthar's voice. I smiled somewhat and cracked my eyes open to fix them on him.

"I'm hurting a little, but it could be a lot worse," I muttered. I blinked, coming to a realization. "Illidan...he's dead?"

Sinthar shook his head, but not in disappointment. "He was possessed. We snapped him out of it, he's now heading out to take care of the source once and for all. We took too much of a hit to help him, but he can handle himself," he added darkly. Well, that didn't sound good; but at least Illidan himself was out of the way.

I sat up quickly, suddenly remembering my mission. "Eeri! Argh, I gotta find her...she still probably needs my help!" I gasped. I couldn't forget about my best friend. Sinthar looked concerned and determined.

"Well, I suggest we travel to Dalaran to ask about the Prince who took her. I recognize him as from the Old Kingdom. We can find out where he went and get her back...but you need to get better first," Sinthar added sternly. I shook my head stubbornly.

"No, we need to leave right now," I snapped. I tried to stand, but found the pain to be too much. With a resigned sigh, I mutrered,"Or as soon as possible." Sinthar gave a smug, satisfied smile and turned away.

"I'll go get you something to eat and drink, Viper. Sit tight," he told me, exiting the room. I laid back down and began to think things through.

*****

Dreven

It hadn't taken very long to find the portal out of the citadel. I called upon my skeletal dragon and leaped on it with her in my arms. She weighed very little, so it was no problem at all for me to carry the huntress. I made sure Loki was carried in one of the dragon's claws; Valanar was hoisted up in the other, since he'd played a big part in defeating the Lich king by helping Loki fend off the undead army.

I listened closely to Eeri's breathing, making sure that it didn't slip to abnormal levels. When we finally arrived at my portal, I hopped off of the dragon and dismissed him. Entering, I pondered where to allow her to sleep. I had plenty of extra rooms, so I guessed she could reside in one of them.

Valanar left me alone, but Loki followed my every move, staring me down. "I shall not hurt her, don't fear. Look, I'm over the whole prisoner thing. I promise," I assured him quietly. The wolf dipped his head but continued to walk behind me, intent on finding out where his mistress would be resting. Finally, I found a suitable room and entered. I placed the sleeping hunter on the bed and sat in the chair beside her, paying close attention to her breathing. Any sign of problems would prompt me to take serious action to save her in any way.

Loki hopped on the bed and sprawled out next to her, partially covering her with deep blue fur. He put his nose against the back of her neck and allowed himself to fall asleep. I was exhausted, but too worried to allow myself any sleep. I needed to make sure she was OK.

I heard her breathing quicken and caught sight of her eyes slowly begin to open. She looked confused, as if she didn't know where she was. Immediately, her eyes fixed on me. "Are you alright? Where is Arthas?" she asked. I smiled, honored that she asked about my well-being when clearly she was the one who needed to heal.

"He's defeated. And I'm fine, beautiful," I responded. Her eyes widened, and I realized what I'd just said. I sat silently, staring at her and waiting for her response. Well, the bat was out of the bag Slowly, a smile stretched across her face.