The King's Note

No way, not this time. I stood my ground and placed my hands upon my hips. "Hey! I come in peace goddammit!" I yelled, irritated. I had the satisfaction of watching the guards hault abruptly in surprise.

One of them stepped forward. "What is your business here, hunter? How dare you wear the horde symbol on your armor as a human," he snarled.

I was done reasoning with people. "So what if I am? Are you gonna kill a defenseless woman here in a peaceful city due to what I wear?" I growled my hazel eyes no doubt reflecting exhaustion.

The blood elf paused and narrowed his eyes. "You're soiling the sacred symbol. You deserve to be thrown out to die," was his response. Alright, so people weren't reasonable these days, got it.

Gritting my teeth, I realized that I wasn't going to get very far with this nonsense. Time to try something different. "I'm not from Azeroth, dude. My home is a distant land that is very, very different from this place. For example, humans are the only humanoids in the world, and we honor many factions including the horde. Now, I'm stuck here because of some idiot's mistake, but I just want to get back to my home. Please have a little mercy. I've had my life threatened my entire time in Azeroth. What a shame, because I once thought this world was glorious. Unfortunately the people here seem content on ripping away a young woman's life," I finished. I recalled that odd magic from my cellphone, but decided to leave that detail out.

The guards stared at me, dumbfounded. He'd better not accuse me of insanity or lying, because in this world, with many secrets and portals, anything was possible. The guards sat in silence before someone finally took a step forward.

"Forgive me, human. We got a little aggressive merely because we treasure our symbol. Or, well, use to," he growled as his gleaming green eyes flashed slightly.

"Despite what's happened, I still honor my faction," his partner interjected in a warning tone. 

Curiosity overwhelmed me, so I just had to inquire. "Exactly what happened? I only just arrived in your world."

The guard let out a sigh. "Garrosh Hellscream has taken over the Horde. It happened a few days ago. Unfortunately he is trying to restore the Horde to the old ways with all of its cruelty and lack of any race other than orcs. Not only that, but Arthas is rising once again. It had been a secret for many years that he was never...really...put...to...rest..." he drew out the final statement eerily.

I widened my eyes. So not only was I stuck here, but a full out war was beginning. Great. And that confirmed that weird cellphone magic. "Wow. That's horrible. Well, I'll see if there's a way to help prior to returning hoome. Is there a place for me to stay?" I asked in a tired tone.

The guard burst out laughing. "You? Barely an adult, helping us? Tiny, and apparently from another world? Hah! And yes, there's an Inn down the road. Try not to get yourself killed, lady," he chuckled. With that, he and his group walked off.

I glared after them, annoyed. Again with the small jokes, that was getting old as hell. Grumbling, I motioned Loki for me to follow and soon found the Inn. After paying a small amount of gold, I had a room to myself and more importantly some time to think.

I went through all that had happened in my mind. So, the list of people wanting me dead was growing. Everyone on the horde and alliance pretty much hated me. As for Dreven, I wasn't sure what his motive was, but after feeling my neck for marks, I shuddered and decided it could be nothing good. Here in Northrend, things were very dangerous, sure. But this place was the safest place to be now, ironically. Since I was finally allowed to rest somewhere, I could relax for just a second. I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes, giving a yawn. Unsurprisingly, I was out like a light.

*****

A beam of moonlight hit my eyes as I slowly awoke. Groggily I sat up and glanced over to see Loki sleeping at the edge of my bed. Smiling, I realized he barely fit--the huge worg was almost falling off. I stood up and patted him on the back, careful not to disturb his slumber.

Then, I took the opportunity to explore the city. Slipping outside, I called upon my black panther and hopped onto his back, grinning as he launched into the air. I circled around for a bit, examining the beautiful royal city. That was when something--or someone, caught my eye.

A lone blood elf that appeared to be my age was sitting on a bench. His hands covered his face, and I couldn't tell if he was crying or not. I motioned for my panther to land, unable to help but inquire. Walking over, I hesitantly asked, "Hey there... are you alright?"

The elf froze and dropped his hands to reveal... "Lue?!" I gasped. Lueran was my best friend who I'd met through the game, and I recognized his toon. He hadn't been crying evidently, so likely was just confused to the point of having a headache. Some of his long red hair fell into his face as he blinked at me several times, his fel green eyes gleaming with realization after just a moment. He has two hoop piercings on the upper part of his pointed ears, and one on the lower. The armor he wore was a dark bunch of dark leathers.

"Eeri!" he gasped, overwhelmed with relief. "I just got here. One second I was entering the damn game, and the next I'm here in this place. Where the hell are we?" he asked, rubbing his head. I let out a sigh, nervous to break it to him.

"Well, we sorta were sucked into Azeroth. I don't know how, exactly, just that it's all really confusing. I don't know how to get home, but I'm going to stop at nothing to get back. I know for a fact people know about portals to Earth, apparently," I muttered. Lue stared at me in disbelief for a moment. Slowly, he looked around and took in his surroundings.

"Dalaran..." he whispered. His eyes locked on me. "Does that mean...?" he started, then gasped as his phone vibrated in his pocket. I curiously watched his expression as he read his text. Lue's eyes widened in delight as a wide grin spread across his face. "Callow!" he called.

Suddenly, a large serpent materialized beside him with black and tan scales, accented in grey. The snake slithered up Lue's leg and draped across his shoulders, seeming content. Callow opened his mouth to reveal glistening fangs, evidently trying to smile. Creepy, but certainly cool.

" Loki's here too, but he's sleeping in the Inn. He needs rest, gods, we've been put through a lot. My circumstances were...different...when I came to Azeroth. I dunno why I stayed human while you were turned into an elf, though," I sighed. After getting a curious look from Lue, I explained my entire situation. He stared at me with reasonable sympathy.

"Wow, so that would mean both factions want my head too. We should work together to get home, Eeri... Hmm I wonder..." he muttered. He snapped his fingers and suddenly was on a fiery phoenix. His eyes widened in sheer delight. "My phoenix! Whoa this is so cool!" he chuckled.

I had to agree, this whole world of spells and magic was amazing. But still, we weren't welcome here and needed to do everything to get home. "Yeah! Ugh, we have a long journey ahead of us!" I sighed. Lue nodded in agreement, and I cleared my throat. 

"We can stay at the Inn for now. I'm still pretty tired and just wanted some fresh air," I sighed. Lue agreed and we returned to the Inn only to find that Loki was nowhere in sight. I gasped, in a panic when a note caught my eye. Hastily, I picked it up and began to read it.

The Alliance do not take kindly to an exile surviving when she is put to death. Our people here sighted you, and you are due for official execution. As a member of the Alliance, especially in times like this, you spread blasphemy by wearing that cursed symbol. We have taken the measures to get rid of traitors like yourself. We have your wolf, therefore surrender to Stormwind to retrieve him. He will retain his life, however if you do not, your wolf will die within three days. Do not be late.

~King Varian Wrynn

Tears formed in my eyes at the thought of Loki's death. Lue snatched the note from me and read it, exhaling quickly in surprise. I looked to the ground. "Lue. You get home. I've got a king to meet in Stormwind," I growled.

Lue shook his head and sat down next to me, his eyes gleaming in determination. "No Eeri. I refuse to let you go it alone. Tomorrow, we will both leave together."