Gee Thanks, Boys in Blue

I narrowed my eyes again, not waiting for his response at first. "You know, I don't believe you. Are you planning on torturing me? From the lore I know, your race care for nothing but shedding blood, and you sure as hell have proven me right there by literally tricking me away from my home," I muttered. The darkfallen winced, looking to the floor in thought.

"Yes, fine, I had been planning on putting you through hell because our banter annoyed me. But I was a mage in Dalaran recently turned into a San'layn and ended up gaining most of my personality back. Your world fascinated me, but I wanted to do something to remind myself of what I am now, a being more powerful than I ever was before. I was also both homesick and hungry, and a cruel joke sounded so amusing. When you refused to sacrifice your wolf, though, my goal dissipated," he replied. I stared at him in disbelief. Oh, so now he felt bad for this mistake of his? Fine then.

"So are you letting me go then?" I asked with malice. Loki was gone, I'd lost my home, and it was his fault. I glared angrily at Dreven, gritting my teeth. My pet was out there, and I had a feeling I couldn't call him back if I tried. This place was cursed, and I felt spiritually weaker.

"Unfortunately, I can't. I can try to help you though. What chased you into my clutches in the first place?" He asked curiously. Oh so now he was curious. Bit late for that.

"An orc chased me into here. I'd either die by being clobbered to death, or apparently by your sword. Looks like I'm still due to be cut to pieces. Alright mister emotion, why can't you let me go if all of a sudden you care?" I asked miserably.

Dreven's eyes flashed angrily. "By walking into here, you became mine. I don't let those who are mine go, simple as that. Most have ended up, well..." he glanced toward a pile of bones. "But you. I'm not going to kill you, but I also am not letting you go. You said so yourself an orc was chasing you. It's too dangerous to go out there alone, so you might as well stay here with me. We can discuss Earthly matters and such, because I'm curious about your planet," he finished. Just my luck, he really was a nerd, but didn't look like one.

I glared, twisting the daggers in my hand. Now my voice rose in volume rather considerably, and my eyes gleamed with sheer malice. "Oh so it's going to be this way, is it?! You rigged my computer... you almost got me killed by orcs... you forced me to part with Loki. He's out there alone, and now you expect me to stay here as a prisoner to you?!" I snarled in disbelief. I lunged forward, suddenly pressing my daggers to his neck. He gasped in surprise at this daring move. "Not happening. I don't care how afraid of you I am--I'm getting out of here."

Despite his hesitation to kill me, I knew that the San'layn wouldn't have a problem imprisoning or weakening me. I sliced at his face, dodging his attempt to grab my arm. He hissed angrily, eyes glowing a fierce red. No doubt I was just pissing him off now and sealing my fate further, but I didn't care.

"Well then... since you've challenged me, you're doomed to be eternally hunted no matter what. Let the games begin. Prince Dreven catches his prey no matter what," he hissed assuredly, and I believed him. He stepped back and melted into the shadows. I knew I only had moments before he'd grab me, so why not confuse him?

I took the knife and sliced my hand, gasping through the sharp pain. Blood seeped from the wound, and I didn't waste a moment. I leaped  for the walls and rubbed it on them, running in a zigzag to spread the flowing crimson liquid everywhere. Applying pressure, I reached into my pocket and withdrew gauze. I wrapped my hand and ran as fast as I could, praying he'd fall for it.

To my surprise, he did. At the moment he was tracking via scent, not heartbeat. I glanced back as Drev appeared where I'd spread the blood. He looked confused, then a moment of realization dawned on him. His eyes locked on mine, but it was too late. I'd run far enough while he'd appeared at the wrong spot. He'd need to hunt me down now without having the advantage of knowing where I was.