Storming Stormwind with Scourge

Morning came too early, and I winced as the sunlight broke through the window to light up the room. With a sigh, I sat up and glanced down to a sleeping Lue. I didn't want to drag him into this, because this was my problem. Perhaps I could leave without him.

I carefully made my way to the front door, making no sound as I walked. But Lue, curse him, muttered from behind me, "Did you really think you were leaving without me?"

I groaned and turned to him, my eyes reflecting a tad bit of guilt. "I didn't want to drag you into this, but I know for a fact that you won't listen to me. It was worth a shot sneaking away though!" I said with a wink. Lue hook his head and smiled, walking past me and opening up the door.

"Let's go save Loki, Eeri," he said in a determined voice. I gave a nod and called for my panther. It was time to rescue an important family member, for hunter's companion was an extension of oneself, after all. Loki was dear to my heart, and I'd stop at nothing to get him back.

We used a portal to Eastern Kingdoms and took to the skies. Lue and I rode in silence while we journeyed to Stormwind; this would be no easy task. The looming city soon was in our sight, blue and white brick glistening in the sun as large beasts with eagle heads and lion bodies flew about with guards of blues and golds stationed upon their backs. My heart clenched at the idea of my wolf being tortured there, and my eyes filled with rage. I was ready to destroy anyone who got in my way.

"Do you have  bow, Eeri?" Lue questioned suddenly. I blinked and glanced to him, slowly shaking my head.

"Ah no, I actually use daggers well in combat. I know melee hunters are nonexistent at least in this patch, so I have no idea how I can use them decently," I sighed. Lue seemed to think for a moment.

"Well, maybe in real Azeroth there's no limit as to what one uses. You can work side-by-side with Loki when you melee. Think you actually used to do that somewhat in the older patches," he reminded me. I gave a nod, satisfied with that answer.

We hovered over the city for a while to take it all in. Wow...what we saw wasn't what was expected, that was for sure. The buildings were spattered with blood, and bodies were strewn all over the city. The undead walked the streets, slicing open anyone in their paths, and of course being sliced open themselves. I pointed to the castle. "In there, betcha we can get Loki from that bastard," I growled. Lue nodded in confirmation and shortly after we descended.

We flew right into the entrance, strangely not halted by any guards. The silence was unsettling. No one was here, but why? I glanced about, turning and searching for my dear wolf. Any sign of him would satisfy me, however, it wasn't him that my eyes rested on.

The king himself was dressed in pure black armor. Something was off for sure, and he looked at me with eerie glowing blue eyes while smirking widely. "So, the little fox has come to the hunters. Well. I have your wolf right here," he hissed. He stepped aside to reveal a very wounded Loki laying on the ground. Lue's serpent, Callow, let out a horrified hiss and glared at the king. I was enraged. No one, and I mean no one would get away with hurting my Loki!

I gave a battle cry and lunged forward, whisking my daggers out and aiming to plunge them into the king's chest. He sidestepped and drew his sword, managing to slice my arm before I leaped aside. Lue suddenly drew a bow and was shooting at him from afar. "Night elf, restrain her!" the king yelled. A large panther with shimmering azure fur prowled forward, leaping for my friend and initiating battle with the Blood Elf.

I focused all of my attention on the king. He was under Arthas's control, clearly, and perhaps that's why he'd been so aggressive as to take Loki when I was in Dalaran. I had no time to dwell on that, though. I bolted to Loki and began to cast Mend Pet. Wrynn, now an undead monster, bore down upon me, raising his sword. Just...a...few...more...seconds.. Loki was healed enough to stand now. I shoved him out of the way and whirled to see a blade swinging at my head. It was to late to dodge, damn it. I closed my eyes and braced for impact, but nothing came. I heard the sword crash to the ground with a clang of metal, and opened my eyes to see an arrow wedged into his hand.

"Thanks Lue!"  I gasped, unable to hide the relief from my tone. Hearing a hurried response, I knew that my friend was still in his own battle. I kicked the king's sword out of the way, but he wasn't afraid of facing me without a weapon. He lunged at me and wrapped his hand around my throat.

"Arthas will enjoy bringing you back as his slave," he hissed into my ear. I narrowed my eyes and knew I had one last hope.

"STAMPEDE!" I yelled. The entire room erupted into chaos; apparently stampede didn't only summon pets that I had with me. A menagerie of beasts roared, hissed, and yowled into the room, slicing at any enemy of mine or Lue's that happened to get in their way. The flurry of fangs and claws was, needless to say, glorious.

More scourge had entered the room to probably end what the king had started. But that's not what they would accomplish by any means. No, all hell was roaming now. I caught a glimpse of my Devilsaur ripping a zombie in half. As I choked even more, I remembered seeing my red mana wyrm swallow a skeleton whole. Well. At least my pet army was winning. From the sounds of things, Lue had summoned all of his pets too. Lovely.

Right before I passed out, I felt myself hit the ground. Looking up, I saw Loki ripping chunks out of the king. My wolf got him down pretty well, as I spotted gushing blood pouring out  from the holes in his flesh, but this still wasn't enough. The king slammed his fists on the wolf, making him cry out. I could take it no longer; my rage was spilling over. "BESTIAL WRATH!" I screamed.

I felt myself growing, larger than Loki himself. I wasn't me, I was a beast that needed to rip something to shreds. I lunged at the king, sinking my claws into his chest and ripping into it. Wait, claws? I was on four legs and had a tail, come to think of it. My face was long, and my ears were on the top of my head. "Eeri!" I heard Lue call out. "You're a fox!"

After a pause, I heard Lue's shout accompanied by a hiss. Right next to me slithered a gigantic serpent with pitch black eyes and gleaming scales. Shit, Lue was in bestial wrath too and an avatar of a beast form as well. Apparently in real Azeroth, hunters turned into their primary companion pets like this. Soon enough, Lue and I had ripped the king literally to shreds, blood seeping into the floor of the castle. Well, so we thought. This Death Knight might've not even been the true king. He looked like him, but I knew that the Alliance wouldn't allow their true king to die so easily.

Back to normal, we sat down, panting. Only Lue, Callow, Loki, and I remained alive in the room. "Nice work," I congratulated. Lue nodded and grinned.

"Same to you Eeri," he sighed, exhausted. We'd used a lot of our energy in that fight.

"Excellent work," came a voice from the door. "I'll be taking Eeri now though."

From the shadows came Drev himself. Aw fuck, I should've known. "You set this up?!" I gasped. To my surprise, Dreven's eyes darkened and he shook his head.

"Ah, no. I was a part of the scourge's Stormwind raid and happened to see your wolf confined here. I knew you'd come for him. I sat in wait for you to finish...heh. You're mine now, little hunter," he snarled. He strode in and loomed over me with an evil smile. Oh, so the nerd was trying to be intimidating. He looked the part, he could play it sometimes, but I knew the truth. He was somewhat of a softie, and I was in no mood for his bullshit right now..

Therefore, I scowled. "Not this time!" I shouted. I had just enough energy left--"BESTIAL WRATH!"

I launched at Dreven, successfully knocking him to the ground. He shoved me off only to have me pounce again and pin him down. I lunged for his neck and sank my teeth in deeply, ready to rip his throat out right here and now. Wait, this wasn't me...I paused. Letting go, I bared my fangs in his face and let out a guttural growl. He'd saved me one from the alliance before, well now it was time for me to return the favor. I wouldn't kill him.

I leaped off and shifted to normal, turning to Lue with a sigh. "I can't kill him," I grumbled. Lue's eyes widened as he pointed behind me.

"Eeri, why did you stop?! Watch out!" he yelled. He'd been about to save me from whatever it was coming behind me when an azure-colored clawed hand slammed over his mouth. I had time to see an elf with bright misty eyes and elongated ears with long hair the color of the moon dragging my friend off into the shadows. Shit, it was the night elf druid from before.

"Tsk tsk. Mercy will be the death of you, little hunter," came Drev's dramatic whisper in my ear. I struggled, but was out of power. I felt a familiar sharp pain on my neck, and everything went dark. The last things I heard were Drev's laugh and Lue's shouts.