From Jailbreak to Dalran

After yet another rest, because that was a common theme now, I opened my eyes to spot Loki. Chuckling, I patted him gently on the nose and sat up, rubbing my head. My ribs, surprisingly, felt a lot better. I looked down and spotted green mist swirling about on my torso. Confused for a moment, I glanced down to Loki's paws, of which glowed with the same color. A realization dawned on me: he had been Spirit-mending me for however long I was asleep.  With a gasp, I noticed that my wolf looked a little weak.

"Loklok, you used up so much focus in the healing process. Poor wolf! Thank you so much," I sighed before hugging him tightly, receiving a satisfied snort from Loki. Gently rubbing my chest, I determined that the ribs were probably only cracked and just had a dull ache. Now I could plan my escape. 

I looked to my prison door and thought for a moment. It seemed to be the typical cell, opened only by a lock and a key. I glanced around, noticing the lack of guards. Dreven underestimated me, that was for damn sure.

Blinking, I remembered that Loki wasn't the only pet I had tamed in game. If I was truly a version of my in-game character, with all spells included, I should have all of my pets. I dismissed Loki with a promise of summoning him right back. I whistled for a specific pet, then grinned when a black raven appeared next to me, flapping his wings vigorously. "Ravyndare!" I giggled, shakily getting to my feet. 

The large bird was much too big to fit between the bars, but I had an idea to change that. "Erm... open glyph page?" I muttered, satisfied when a book appeared in my hand. I flipped to the page and scanned for a specific minor glyph. Upon finding it, I dragged my finger over to one of my empty glyph panels. "The Glyph of Lesser Proportion might help," I muttered. Snapping the book closed, I turned to Ravyndare expectantly.

The raven shimmered for a moment and began to shrink. This occurred slowly at first, but his size decrease rapidly  progressed until he was the size of a normal raven. "Perfect. Alright, can you fly through the bars and look for the keys please?" I asked, widening my eyes. Ravyndare acknowledged me with a happy 'CAW' and flew out of the cage and into the darkness of the dungeon. I sat anxiously, waiting for any sign that something had been found.

Hearing the clinking of keys, I almost cheered. I grabbed the keys as my raven flew in and hastily unlocked the door. After giving my bird a kiss on the wing, I dismissed him and re-summoned Loki. I choked down laughter as I noticed the wolf's size, for he was as small as a pug. I scooped up the puppy-sized Loki and smirked when he gave a growl of disapproval. 

"Sorry Loki... heh no time to get rid of the glyph. I'll change you back after--but we gotta go!" I exclaimed quietly. I rushed out of the cell and ran down the dark hallway. It was that moment when I realized that my escape was a little too easy. Right then Loki let out a fierce bark, and I could feel a cold presence behind me. Well, all I could do now was outrun him and hope he wasn't fast enough to catch up.

A soft chuckle his my ears as an amused voice rang out. "Trying again to escape, are we? You have nowhere to go, and now have doomed yourself to more pain. Stop now, human, and I will let you off easy," Dreven hissed. He was way too close for my comfort. 

"YOU WILL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE!" I yelled. I could feel him pause behind me, giving me somewhat more distance from him. Good--I surprised him. That might save my life. Loki suddenly leaped from my arms and darted in front of me, keeping pace but not lagging behind. He motioned with his ears for me to follow, and I was happy to oblige.

We ran on, just barely in front of the darkfallen before finally a light up ahead caught my eye. The portal, a symbol of freedom in these trying times! I heard an enraged hiss behind me and felt the temperature dropping. He had almost caught up, I could hear his footsteps just a few yards behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut and bolted ahead with all that I could muster. Before passing Loki, I scooped him up and leaped right at the portal--only to be stopped by a cold hand locking on my foot. I slammed to the ground, twisting to see Drev smirking at me.

"Checkmate," he growled, starting to pull me toward him. No way I was going to give up now. With a fierce kick, I managed to slip my foot from my shoe and propel myself forward with my arms through the portal. The last thing I heard was Dreven's voice once again. "Well played, human. But now I'm actually going to work on getting you back. Once a prisoner, always a prisoner."

I gasped as light flashed before my eyes. When I finally emerged from the portal, I was on my back in the snows Dragonblight, staring up at the dark starry sky. No time to lose! I took out my book and canceled the pet glyph, which returned Loki to normal. The wolf gave a thankful growl, causing me to smile. I summoned my onyx panther and hopped on, willing the cat to fly fast.

We lurched into the cold air hastily, causing me to relax somewhat. There was no sign of anyone chasing me for once, so perhaps he hadn't been serious and gave up. Regardless, I needed to find my way home without his stupid portals, but where could I possibly go? Not to the Alliance, not to the Horde... what about a place where both were accepted? What about Dalaran?! 

I grinned with satisfaction at that idea. Changing course, I flew on until the already freezing temperature began to drop. Such a sign was telling, and as it turns out, that bastard gave quite the chase. "Man I wish I could stab him right now, this obsession is obnoxious like some stupid twisted story I wrote years ago or something."

I glanced down and realized that the ground wan't very far below. "Land," I told my panther, holding on tight as we angled down. Damn it, I didn't have much time, so I dismounted the panther and summoned my Heavenly Onyx Cloud serpent. The dragon was a serpentine-like beast with metallic black scales and long, wispy cloud-colored strands of fur. His horns were a mixture of a black sky and the full moon, and his claws were edged with lunar power as well.  I knew that in video game, one couldn't attack on a mount. But what about with one? A dragon seemed to be the best option for battle.

I flew up and almost came face-to-face with Drev's skeletal dragon. Giving a scowl, I patted my dragon on the scales and yelled, "Erm... attack!"

The dragon knew exactly what to do,  for when he reared up and opened his jaws, he drew in a large breath and let out a massive flurry of purple flames. The San'layn's skeletal dragon flew to the side in order to avoid the onslaught of the flames. From what I could see, Dreven was slightly annoyed. He pointed to me and tapped the dragon.

Suddenly, the bone dragon was flying right towards me with claws outstretched. I had only seconds until I would be snatched right off of the cloud serpent. That gave me no time, and I wasn't about to get caught. I leaped from the back of my dragon, free-falling through the air. Right before I hit the ground, I squeezed my eyes shut, only to be stopped abruptly by claws that snatched me from the air. I peeked with one eye to see my cloud serpent staring down at me with a toothy grin. "Thanks so much!" I gasped in an appropriate amount of relief.

Drev blinked, surprised, for he was directly above me on his bone dragon. "Dalaran now!" I yelled, having no more fucks to give about the way I was being carried. I just wanted to get there and be safe. The cloud serpent flew forward rapidly, growling every so often as the bone dragon made a snap at his tail. Drev knew he couldn't catch me now, for my dragon was too fast. 

He simply stopped and hovered in mid-air. I turned my head to see us getting farther and farther away and thank gods for that. With a final grin, the darkfallen waved and turned away to return to the dungeon. That bastard would definitely not give up, there was no doubt in my mind he'd return to the hunt. For now, I'd gotten away, but like he said, once a prisoner, always a prisoner. Unless I got home, which I would stop at nothing to do. Seriously, I didn't need that asshole's portals, I'd find some other powerful mage.

We flew in silence before the floating city appeared on the horizon. It held many hues of purples and shimmering blues that caused the sleek brick of the buildings to gleam with magic.  My heart leaped in hope at the sight, because finally I'd potentially found some sanctuary. Flying onward, the dragon gently placed me on the ground and landed next to me. I grinned and patted him on the muzzle, waving as he slowly vanished. Re-summoning Loki, I took this opportunity to examine my surroundings.

All in all, my hope didn't fade until I spotted a couple of angry guards hustling toward me. They were humanoids decorated in reds and golds with long, sleek ears. More Blood Elves, and I could see angry scowls on their faces... Well shit.