Doesn't it feel like our time is running out?

Lueran

Sinthar stared at me like I'd grown another head. "So... your only mounts are cars? And...there's no magic? No druids? And what's this about no respect for animals?" the night elf asked, his brow furrowed. I let out a sigh and turned my gaze to the sky, watching as the sun began to set. I'd been talking throughout the day, and had answered most of his questions. There were still a few things that he just could not get.

"Humans there are just as greedy and violent as humans here. No, scratch that...probably more so. I only wish most of our evil dictators were like Arthas. At least then there would be a whole lot less suffering," I muttered. Sinthar gasped, surprised. 

"Worse than Arthas? That can't be," he muttered. I gave a sad smile and nodded. It was the reality of things, unfortunately. The real world was simply crueler than Azeroth. World of Warcraft was a computer game with a whole lot of corruption and evil, yes, but even that within didn't reflect how bad it was back home.

"Yep. Anyway, what is our plan? Do we need to travel to Shadowmoon Valley and face the demons in Black Temple?" I asked with some hesitation. The night elf druid seemed to focus on something in the distance as he thought. Slowly, he shook his head.

"Their base is here in Terrokar. The temple was destroyed after waves of our people tried to destroy it, but we never really had the chance. Azeroth history books lie--Illidan's not dead, and never will be. He's immortal, but if he's the one behind this, we can at least destroy his body and delay attacks further a bit."

I said nothing, just lapsed deeply into thought. If Illidan couldn't ever really be stopped, could the same be said for Arthas? Or even Garrosh? A thought dawned on me. Since this was a video game, bosses always respawned a little while after being killed. What would happen if I was killed? Certainly things couldn't be as simple as respawning.

Sinthar looked at my expression and determined that he needed to explain a few things. "If you're killed here, you do indeed die. There is a chance for revival a small time after death, but then that is it. You soul roams Azeroth forever, seeking the portal to the other world. What it is, no one knows quite yet. There is a way to always respawn, that is, immortality. A few, like Illidan, have achieved it.," he finished.

I gave a nod, because to me it sounded quite like real life, though I couldn't recall the ability to gain immortality. "Exactly why is Illidan supposedly destroying the Outlands?" I asked. Everything pointed to him currently, and I had no reason to think him innocent otherwise.

"I heard from various sources that wants to corrupt the entire world here and raise it as his own demonic dimension. He will corrupt and enslave all who live here, making a virtual hell," Sinthar muttered warily. I narrowed my eyes, shaking my head.

"Well. That doesn't really sound like accurate lore, but either way we'll make sure that won't happen then!" I exclaimed, feeling more and more into this mission. Suddenly, Callow looked up quickly and let out a hiss. I glanced over to him and frowned, wondering exactly what the problem was.

"Callow senses something a bit...off," I whispered, focusing all my attention on him. His tongue flicked out as he looked toward the growing shadows. A growl sounded from the blackness, forcing us three to freeze.

Out from the darkness emerged a canid demon. It was a Felhound, with no face and gaping jaws. Its body was covered in thick orange spines, and it had four legs with extremely long claws. It had two long arm-looking limbs coming out its side that had claws just as deadly as on its feet. Callow wasted no time. With a hiss, he launched at the demon.

Sinthar leaped at the demon as well, shifting in mid-air into a massive panther. His sharp front teeth ripped into the demon's spines and hit skin. The felhound let out a hellish roar and thrashed in his jaws. Meanwhile, Callow managed to rip out a chunk of flesh and spat it aside.