Possession Voided

Lueran

Sure, I'd just met him. Sure, he was a Kal'dorei. But damn it, he saved me numerous times, and now was my friend. No one hurts my friends. I let out a hiss, so loud that the entire forest shook. Now...I activated Wrath. I felt like some powerful entity, and perhaps that was what I was at least right this second. I grew into a large serpent, onyx scales like knives shooting down a long muscular body void of any legs. My fangs were as long as swords, and my tongue flicked out dangerously as I slithered forward.

I turned my nudge to Sinthar with my head and let out a furious hiss. Callow was laying beside him, inspecting the wound on his stomach. I knew what I had to do. He had no heartbeat, and I had a limited amount of time. Hunter pets had one battle rez, and I had a feeling the 'cooldown' was extremely long in 'real life Azeroth'. Who cared? I was ready to use it on him.

Time seemed to stop. Illidan froze in mid-air, his wings locked into place. I slithered over to Sinthar and slowly flicked my tongue out upon that gigantic slash wound. It practically covered his entire torso. As my tongue touched his flesh, I called upon the power of my beasts and called for the skin to knit together. Illidan's shout sounded in my ear, but I paid no heed. He had no power here, not while I was in this process. He was, very simply, stuck.

Once the wound was closed, I nudged him gently again. I rested in front of him as my tail whipped out and dragged him closer. I bent my head down and touched my nose to his. Something magical happened, something that to this day amazes me. The previously dead night elf's eyes began to open and lock on mine. He gasped in surprise, but did not move away.

"Viper...y-you saved me...by Elune, you look as gigantic as a serpent loa...but why me?" he asked, voice full of sorrow. It was like he was asking why I wasted such a valuable tool, no doubt a rare one here. I let out a purr and just grinned, displaying my huge, serrated fangs.

"Why not you, Kitty?" I asked softly. It was a name that came to mind so suddenly, but I knew it fit well. That perfect moment had to be ruined when all hell broke lose...for I felt a glaive sink into my back and drag down. Illidan's voice ripped through the wind.

"So you saved the night whelp. Now you'll perish to my blade!" He yelled. The blood seeped down my back and glided through my scales. The wound was great--but not fatal. I snarled, now knowing that I had to defeat Illidan before he defeated me. I whirled and narrowly dodged being hit in the face by one of his glaives. It sunk into the ground in front of me, causing my eyes to widen.

"SHIT! not the.." I started.  A billow of flames erupted around the blade as a giant fire elemental emerged from the ground. It uttered a sound like a raging forest fire and lunged strait for me. "Callow go!" I hissed. Still in Wrath and therefore a serpent, I locked eyes with Illidan himself. As I struck at him, Callow sank his fangs into the fire elementals. I groaned in pain as the fire singed my scales, at times burning through patches and virtually cooking my skin. But still... I had to press on.

Illidan flew upwards in circles, watching as we almost were burned alive. I decided that it was time for him to be grounded once and for all. I bunched up my muscles and lunged, fangs unsheathed and like large meat hooks. Illidan tried to dodge, but he was not fast enough. My fangs pierced his wing. I brought the demon down with me, and together we crashed to the ground.

Still bleeding and burning, it took me a large effort to coil properly. When I finally got my bearings, I saw Illidan already had his glaives and was lunging toward me. Callow was off to the side, badly wounded but recovering. He'd managed to vanquish the fire elementals. "Good boy Callow! Please stay there!" I yelled.

He'd saved us all from being cooked to death. I only had time to thank my companion before being slammed on the head with Illidan's glaive. I crashed to the ground with a scream of pain. Blood spilled down my face, clouding my eyes and filling my mouth. I spat out the horrid stuff, grossed out at the metallic taste. Well..now it was my turn.

As Illidan moved to strike again, I slithered out of the way and lunged for his hand. Caught off-guard by my fast recovery, Illidan was unable to move away. I sank my jaws into his hand and ripped. Tendons and ligaments broke, finally giving way to the bone being pulled cleanly off. Yep...I'd ripped off the demon's hand. Blood flowed from where it used to be, but Illidan wouldn't give up. He swung his other arm at me and landed a blow to my side.

The attack was so powerful that it sent me slamming into a tree. My muscles pulsed in shock as Illidan bolted at me to finish the job. I hissed and weakly tried to get up to no avail...Some of my bones were no doubt broken, and I was doomed.

Sinthar

It was so dark...There was no light at all. I couldn't move, not an inch, not a millimeter. It was like I was frozen in time, yet I could still hear and think. What I felt was pain...Such great pain in my heart that I wanted to scream. It was as if a huge hammer was being slammed against it again and again. Just as soon as it came, the pain was gone.

My eyelids were heavy, but I opened them to see a huge serpent staring down at me. I'd just been dead...but he'd used that rare power rangers had to revive me. I had no idea why...it made no sense. Yet, my heart soared when he called me 'Kitty'. I managed to smile and actually sat up. Everything hurt terribly when I did so--but I clearly could see him still battling.

I have to admit, I was impressed with how fast Callow ended the elementals. He was literally on fire at some points, but held fast until the glaives came lose and canceled the elementals. The process took no more than a few seconds, but the large snake clearly was badly burned on some parts of his skin. Thank Elune he dragged himself to the side to rest; Lueran could get it on his own.

I turned my gaze to see him fly up and snatch Illidan from the sky. I knew that when they exchanged blows, Lueran would need help--he had forgotten that even in the most extreme pain, Illidan didn't give up. When the demon landed the blow to his side, I knew I had to do something.

I called upon everything I knew and loved. Energy swarmed around me as I began to shift into a giant panther. I knew the task lay on me to carry through with this plan for Lueran. I let out a growl and leaped for the demon. Though I wasn't nearly as big as the serpent, I was able to knock the demon away and stop him from getting Lue.

He had no hand, no glaive to defend himself. The opening was on the side; I knew what I had to do as my misty eyes locked on his good arm. I ran out of the way just as Illidan attempted a blow to my neck. I was behind him...and as he whirled, I came from under his legs. Making a decision, I jumped into the air and sank my teeth into the back of his neck, where he couldn't reach behind due to his lost hand.

He screamed, but my jaws clenched tighter, soon crushing the windpipe. Illidan's arm flailed and his good hand grabbed my tail. He collapsed, still aware of things, as slowly that odd aura faded from him. "...Where...am I," the demon lord muttered. He rubbed at his neck, glanced to his hand, then looked at me. Realization dawned on him. "They were using me as a puppet," he snarled flatly. Unbelievably, he was starting to heal, which caused me to tense. 

But then Illidan did something that caught me by surprise. He smirked and winked. "I thank you for your aid. But there's a demonic army headed this way, something I found out under the control of those wretched entities. Luckily you and that outlander snapped me out of it, hm? Go help him. I'll take care of the rest. And... thank you. I owe you both." With a flap of his wings, he was off. I wanted to feel skeptical, but I knew deep down that he really wasn't the cause of this chaos. He was about to go finish what he started with the Legion, and we'd been the keys to start that process. It was good enough for me.

Hastily I ran to Lueran's side and began to heal his wounds. He now was back to his normal hunter self, but barely awake. I heard him utter, "Call...ow" And sighed. I cared about healing him first, but I knew what he wanted me to do.

I quickly got over to Callow and healed his major injuries, telling him to stay on the ground and relax. A bit of time passed before I was finished, but I finally was able to get to Lueran. He was in bad shape and had lost a lot of blood. I closed his gaping wounds and used a spell to purify as to prevent infection.

His eyes opened slightly, glowing a bright green. "Thanks, Kitty...you saved me..." he muttered.

I gave a smile and shook my head. "No. You saved me." I responded.