Burn in hell, you freakin liar!

Lueran

It was obvious that we needed to help them. I glanced toward Sinthar, knowing he would view this as a detour. I didn't really care; potential allies could be a lot of help. Plus, I was ready for more action. As the army of shadowy Arakkoa descended toward us, I patted Callow on the head and bent down. "Let's give this all we've got, Callow. Be a good serpent and leave no enemy standing," I told him. The serpent gave a nod, his tongue flicking out in excitement.

Grizzik cawed in surprise. "Minions of Terrok, yes, have come! We need to destroy them!" the Arakkoa squalled. Sinthar rolled his eyes. Even I knew that this bird dude was being a bit dramatic and obnoxious in stating the obvious.

"Yeah yeah yeah, we get it. Onward!" I yelled. I grabbed my bow and took down a few enemy Arakkoa. Callow launched into the fray, sinking his fangs into any feather and flesh he could get a hold of. My arrows glowed a bright white and seemed to light up the night as they soared through the air. Good, I had powerful arcane energy, which was certainly a plus.

The enemy Arakkoa had broken through the main defense and charged toward us. Feathers and blood littered the ground, but it was clear as to who was winning. Terrok's minions didn't stand a chance. I grinned, dodging several enemy attempts to cut at me. An interesting statement hit my ears, however.

"Caww! Working for Illidan, traitors! Cawww Terrok is ashamed!" screamed a dying Arakkoa. No, not one on our side--it was a minion of Terrok himself. He had to be lying; weren't they the ones working for Illidan? I turned my curious gaze to Sinthar, but he was too busy fighting to take notice. I had to find out more, because something wasn't right.

I approached the dying enemy and pulled my arrow out of its chest. I didn't have much time. "What do you know about minions of Illidan?" I asked warily. The dying bird-man blinked, cringing in pain. I winced, now feeling a little guilty.

"Squaaww...Illidan...and Grizzik...made a deal....two...sacrifices..." he finished, going limp. My eyes widened in realization.

"Sinthar! We need to get out of here NOW!" I yelled in alarm. The druid stopped his attack and shifted to his elven form. He turned to me, those misty white eyes wide and curious. He stood there for a moment with his head tilted, for some reason that look made my heart clench.

"What is it?" he asked. Right then, a gritty laugh ripped through the air. A shove came from behind, and I felt a knife pressed to my neck. Sinthar's face contorted into rage as I grunted in surprise.

Grizzik's voice pierced my ears. "So gullible, yes! Useful flesh for Illidan!" he squawed. Callow hissed loudly and lunged at the Arakkoa only to be held back by the other bird people. "Large serpent dies first, yes!" he shrieked. Sinthar and I could only watch with horror; we were restrained rather strongly by the very people we were trying to save.

"NOT CALLOW!" I screamed. No...no! NOT MY CALLOW! I felt rage rise within, something I hadn't felt in a long, long while.

Sinthar

I should've known that those cursed Arakkoa would betray us. But this was interesting... obviously Terrok was against them. Grizzik had foolishly set us against his army, and now was sacrificing us. I could already tell by Lueran's rage that his attempt would be unsuccessful.

"Go get 'em Viper!" I yelled, rooting him on. He was our only chance. The hunter glanced toward me, and with a smile, let out a hiss.

His features changed instantly as his entire body glowed red in Bestial Wrath. One moment he was a Sin'dorei, the next he was a gigantic serpent. And man, was he angry. The first to fall to his jaws were the two bird-men holding Callow. He easily took them in fangs and threw them against a tree, knocking them out. Now free, Callow went along to work with him, growing a bit himself.

The Sin'dorei Serpent freed me next by easily ripping through the Arakkoa with a snap of his jaws. Soon, the entire camp was in shambles. All were dead except for Grizzik. He clearly was angry, I could tell by the murderous glint in his beady eyes.

"You've condemned yourself to death, yes! I hereby summon Illidan to silence you once and for all!" the terrible Arakkoa cried. A circle formed around him, and I lunged to try and stop him. There was some sort of forcefield, and I gritted my teeth in worry.

With a glance to her, I determined that Lueran was back to normal. He shot an arrow toward the damn bird to no avail. Would we be facing Illidan right here, right now? Were we even ready?

Luckily that's not what happened. Because right then, Terrok himself made his appearance. A shrill cry cut through the air, and a huge bird-man broke through the woods. His claws literally shredded the force-field. Grizzik's beak was set open as Terrok ripped him apart.

As we stood in the mass of blood and feathers, Lue and I managed to exhale in relief. However, Terrok might pose as a whole new threat. "Terrok...what is your business? I thought you were working with Illidan," I said warily.

The huge Arakkoa studied us for a moment. "Demonology is ripping my people apart. I want salvation for them--not corruption. It's too late for me, but Illidan needs to be stopped. I'm willing to help you," he responded in a scratchy voice.

Lueran turned to me, eyes serious. "He would've killed us by now if he was lying. We need all of the help we can get," he pointed out. I let out an exasperated sigh.

"Fine, fine. We'll accept your help, bird-man. However, betraying us will lead to dire consequences," I warned. Terrok seemed amused by that.

"I can see that. Come, we'll be needing to make battle tactics," he muttered. I reluctantly followed as Lue motioned to do so. By the goddess...I hoped this would work.