Here we go again

Dreven

Well. I had the satisfaction of claiming her again. She'd gotten away last time because I'd underestimated her. But now she wouldn't be able to escape, for I was taking this hunter seriously now.

How was I supposed to know some stupid human from Earth would force rash decisions? I was supposed to be ruthless. I went exploring other realms out of curiosity, not because I thought I'd have an interest in a prisoner beyond just ripping her to shreds. Earth was so interesting and very new to me, but she was now in my territory, and these were my rules. I could not just send her back, that would be a hit to my pride.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I gazed down at her as she took in ragged breaths. Her heartbeat was fast despite her unconscious state. I hissed as I felt a pang of worry, and once again, curse these damn emotions. I hadn't had any cares for years! I was able to freely scheme without consequence prior to her walking into that store. I didn't know what was happening, but this little human seemed to cause guilt and hesitation.

I felt one emotion that I didn't recognize. My heart was made numb with worry for her. I just couldn't let her go, as much as she wanted me to. I had a reputation to keep, alright? Once someone was my prisoner, they were never allowed to be released ever. All that had set foot in here had become mine. I disposed of them with ease, never running out of blood. But I couldn't bring myself to kill this one.

Oh, plenty had escaped this dungeon before. I always found and killed them. This time, though, I brought her back. And now I couldn't kill her. Curse these emotions...CURSE THEM!

I let out a hiss and paced. Her breathing quickened, and I could tell that she was awake and faking sleep now. I knelt in front of her, still towering over the grounded human. "I know you can hear me, little one," I chuckled with a smirk. Honestly now, did she really think she could fool me, a darkfallen who clearly could hear her heartbeat and breathing?

Slowly, her eyes opened. They fixed on me, almost making me lean away. If looks could kill...I'd be dead again. Then, she did something that surprised me even more. She let out an inhuman growl and bared her teeth, which were sharp. Not as much as mine, but both her top and bottom canines were slightly longer and sharper than I remembered. Alright then.

"So you're awake. I had said, once a prisoner always a prisoner," I smirked. She glared at me, her hazel eyes filled with anger.

"You again! Why can't you just leave me alone?!" she snarled. Goodness, she was acting very canine-like. Growling, bearing her teeth, she was worse than I!

"I don't ever give up until I catch my prey," I said simply. Uh oh...that got her mad. She lunged at me so suddenly I stumbled back. Her breath was on my neck as she suddenly had her teeth against it. What the hell?!

"I shall never be your prey!" she snapped angrily. Just as soon as she had attacked me, she withdrew. I watched her dart away from me and put her back against the wall defensively. Her eyes were wide as if she broke from a trance. What?

I narrowed my own and stepped forward. "Is that so? Well, I can easily prove you wrong," I hissed, now leaping for her myself.

Eeri

What just happened? I had felt such fury, such powerful anger that for a second it was as if I could rip his throat out. I don't know why I stopped. He could've thrown me off, but I'd caught him by surprise. So, why hadn't I made the first strike?

And now he was coming at me with the same fury that I'd held just now. Except, my anger was gone and had left fear in its place. Sadly I was forced to cower as he advanced. I had no idea why I'd been so brave only to fade into this state. Gah...I'd gotten myself into a mess!

I felt his cold hand grab my arm and pull me towards him. He leaned down toward my neck and inhaled slowly. Just like that, the fiery rage returned. This time, I managed to control it and shove it away. Immediately fear came again, causing me to tense and involuntarily whimper. Which, to my astonishment, made Drev pause and tense as well.

He cursed lowly and leaned away. My eyes were closed, but I could feel his withering glare. Taking a deep breath, I spoke, refusing to open my eyes. "Please...just let me go. My friend is in trouble now, and I need to help him. I'll come to you without a fight if you grant me a chance," I gasped.

Dreven didn't let go of my arm; rather, he pulled me closer, enough so that I was against his chest. I definitely wasn't the type to like my personal space invaded. I was so tense that I literally started to shake. Finally, I opened my eyes to see his fixed on me in an emotionless stare. His eyes were not red, but a mysterious hazel that surprised me somewhat.

"I could let you help him," he muttered, thinking for a moment. "But I don't trust you to keep your word," he finished with a frown. I attempted to pull away, growling in frustration when I couldn't.

"Can you please let me go?" I muttered, hating him.

Vlad smirked. "No, you're mine now. Like I said," he replied triumphantly. I was sick of this... 'being his'. It really annoyed me. I just wanted to be left alone, how was I supposed to know I'd be stuck in an overdone cliche?!

"You're in my personal space," I hissed with distaste. Honestly, I was getting nowhere! Perhaps I had to try a new approach, for he was ignoring my protests and just holding me there while staring. It was a little awkward. "Ok. You said you were free from the Lich King. Remember how horrible it was to be under his control? Do you really want to do that to someone else?" I tried. That seemed to bother him.

Dreven

I was hearing what she was saying. No, I didn't want to be like Arthas, despite how glorious he was. The scourge was a temporary gig. But I also didn't want to lose her. I didn't want to let her go. She was so damn stubborn that no doubt she'd get herself killed, and that'd be annoying, because it'd be my fault. I didn't feel like having a pit in my stomach for the rest of my undeath over this.

Besides, she wasn't safe here. Arthas would soon find out about her and possibly kill her.Once again, my fault. But, I had a plan. "I'll help you with your friend, sure. But you need to help me rebel against the scourge, at least enough to make them fall back," I muttered. I felt her sigh in relief.

"Fine. Whatever it takes," she whispered. I smirked. No, I wouldn't let her go. The scourge, my scourge, would 'trap' us in here. She could fight them, sure. But I'd have them weaken her enough so that she'd have to stay. From there I would gather my armies and attack Arthas before he decided to strike against those that don't listen. She'd be safe here, unable to get away while I got rid of the only threat. Then I could ensure she didn't run off and either ruin my reputation or get herself killed. Solid plan, I'd save my own ass and hers.

For now, though, I needed to gain her trust so she wouldn't attempt to escape again. "Besides," I started. "You can't save your friend without help. I'll help you if you help me...we'll both get what we want. Hell, I might even let you go if you're able to do enough!" I lied.

That seemed to satisfy her. Poor woman, getting tricked so easily. She'd get wounded by the scourge, and I felt bad about that, but it had to be done. Getting her weak enough so that she wouldn't try to get away again was vital. Perhaps then she would refrain from being so damn obnoxious.

Why did I care? Heh. I had no idea, really. But my mind was set. It was her freedom for her safety and my reputation, whether she liked it or not. Yes, I'm cruel. It should be expected! I'm a prince of evil, after all. So, why did I feel a small pang in my heart at her grateful expression? Why the hell was I feeling guilt for doing something that'd benefit us both in the end?! Whatever, this couldn't go wrong. 

Even on Earth would she be offed most likely by some other monster, now that portals were opening up everywhere between the realms. So my book of magics said, anyway. That's something she'd not listen to, so I wouldn't bother to explain it.

Author's note: THIS BOOK IS GOING THROUGH MAJOR EDITS. From this point on, it will be confusing, as characters have been changes majorly and I haven't gotten past this point yet.