2) 33.

Evi.

The talk with my mom yesterday really helped my mood. She gave some good advice. Today was another day and I was fine, not my usual best but getting there.

I had just picked up my last paycheck and was now sitting in my car. I thought about asking for my job back but it wasn't worth begging for. If anything, I needed to ask for forgiveness from my baby.

I chewed on my lip and went to his contact.I hoped my words came out as smoothly as they were in my mind. I got to his i.d. and was about to press it to call until it was a knock on my window.

It threw me off guard since it was raining pretty hard outside. I looked at my window and saw Paige. I pointed to my passenger seat and unlocked the doors. She came over and got in as I locked my phone, lying it in my lap.

"Hey." She spoke and I smiled small in response. "I heard what happen." She adds in a sympathetic tone. I nodded slowly and pulled my shirt up over my mouth, coughing in it.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"I just want you to know if you need anything, I'm more than welcome to help you. And if you'll come, I'll like to have you over for dinner." She offers.

"Paige that's so sweet, I can't possibly let you —"

"No, it's fine! You're so nice Evi and one of the only ones that tolerate me with my annoying voice. I appreciate your friendship and I just want to have you over. "

"You're so nice Paige." I reach over and give her a hug. She hugs back as I think about her offer. She considers me a friend and she haven't been anything but nice to me. I couldn't decline her offer this time.

"I'd love to come. I hope you won't mind a little coughing and sneeze here and there though." I say as we pull back. She chuckles and shake her head.

"Not at all, i have plenty of Kleenex. Maybe come around five?" She says.

"I'll be there."

" Just take my number and I'll send you the address." She said and I unlock my phone, going to the dialing log. I let her put her number in and once she's done, I text her so she'll have my number as well.

"Alright, well see you later!" She says perkily and turn to exit the car but she stopped. She turned back towards me. "You're not allergic to any foods, are you?"

"No. I'm not."

"Okay, good deal. See you." She steps out the car and run over to her car, getting in quickly to not get too soaked from the rain.

I crunk my car and was about to head on home since it was after three now. I was going to do something before she came in. What was it? Geez, I forgot.

"Hey! Come on in." Paige welcomes me, opening the door as the aroma of food hit my nostrils –my mucus was slowly clearing so I was about to smell it. She walked away so I closed and locked the door behind me , peeling my coat from my arms and hooked it on the rack near the door.

I walked through her narrow foyer, following the pathway she took. Then, I saw her in her kitchen. "It's almost ready. Would you like something to drink?" She asked me, looking up from the stove.

I tucked my lips together in thought and suggested, "water is fine."

"Glass or bottle?"

"Glass if it's not any trouble."

"No problem at all. One glass of water coming up." She exclaims, her waitress skills being shown. I chuckled lightly, climbing into a barstool as she fixed my water.