2) 27.

Jue.

"So the wedding in three months?" I asked for confirmation. Amir nodded, leaning back against the booth.

We decided to do a double date with him and Keely at Cheesecake Factory. It was a success, it was a nice time together.

"Yeah. If you could, can you get your suit and everything by next month? You are the best man." He said and I nodded slowly.

Tonight he revealed to me that he wanted me to be his best man and I was very surprised. I was touched too. He explained how when Terrance didn't care about anyone but himself and dad was overseas, he felt like I really had his back regardless of our differences, disagreements and fights.

Even though Terrance was around now, he felt it was only right to give the position to me. I would've been okay with just simply attending his wedding but he insisted so I accepted humbly. 

"Alright, I will." I assured him. He seemed calm but I didn't want him or Keely worrying especially if it involved me.

The waitress finally brought our credit cards back from us paying for it. "Thanks." Amir said to her as we both grabbed the tickets. I slid my card out the pocket of the folder and into the slot of my wallet.

We both stood up nearly the same time. Since we were at the end of the booths, we grabbed the girls' hands.

I licked over my bottom lip as Evi slid out and stood up, pulling her mini skirt down. I didn't approve of the length but I was enjoying the view. She pushed her long, wavy extensions—she installed earlier — behind her shoulder.

She got her cup and sipped from the straw. "It was such a nice night with you guys." She said to Keely, giving her a tight hug.  Once they became comfortable with one another, they talked for a while.

I wouldn't say they were the best of friends now but I know for sure it could happen and they were beyond cordial. I gave Amir a handshake and we bumped shoulders, saying bye to each other.

I got the to-go bag that had two slices of cheesecake in it and we started to walk out. We conversed small with them before separating into different parts of the parking lot.

"That was fun." Evi said, still sipping from her cup as she walked along my side. Still holding the bag, I fished for my keys and unlocked my car doors.

"Yup, it was." I agreed. The headlights blinked as unlocked it and I decided to let the doors up from a far.

"Don't you feel all special to be the best man?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, I honestly do cause I didn't expect it to be me." I said then looked at her. "Take a picture." I demanded and she chuckled. I put the bag into the backseat and went to the front of the car as she leaned against my hood.

She was still sipping from this cup as if she haven't had a beverage all day. She was looking down and I shook my head, deciding to take the picture anyways because it was looking good through my phone's camera.