29.

› If you're enjoying this story, I'm sure you'll love Petals. Be sure to check it out with your lovely feedback.

Jue.

I drove my mom's car quickly into the parking garage of the hospital while Amir comforted our mom in the backseat. Tevon sat in his car seat, calm but a puzzled look attached to his face.

"I should've helped him instead of just pushing him away constantly." I overheard my mom mumble. I looked in the mirror at her as Amir held her tightly. "I help people everyday and not even my own son."

Her hand made their way back to her face and a couple more tears fell. I parked quickly into an empty space, killed the ignition, and unbuckled my safety belt.

"It's going to be okay momma." I said and got out. "Amir you get Tevon, I got momma." He nodded as I opened the back door.

I extended my hands out, grabbing my mom's and helped her up from the backseat. I shut the door once she was out and pressed my hand to her mid- back.

Amir had Tevon into his arms and we started walking through the garage to the closest route towards the building. My mom's arm wrapped around my torso as the double doors opened automatically.

She rushed towards the desk as Amir and I stood back, waiting for the room number. "Yes, we're looking for Terrance Moore."

Once she recognized the name on the list in the computer, the Receptionist then spoke. "Well ma'am he's in intensive care as of now .." Her voice trailed as she looked all our worried faces.

She bit her bottom lip nervously, chewing on it. "You're family, correct?" Mom nodded vigorously as the administrative assistant stood from her chair. She came from behind the desk, her headphones still ontop of her head as she directed us to follow her.

We did as told and followed. Tevon blabbered loudly. Seems like he was giving Amir a hard time as I looked over at them and he pushed away from Amir's chest, throwing his head back. We kept stepping as he whined, soon crying.

"Aye." I said sternly. Tevon faced me, his face still frowned up. He tried to reach towards me but I shook my head. "Shut that noise up. Aight?" He kept the frown on his face as his mouth was gapped. Amir looked at him from the side as he now only sniffled.

I turned back forward and stopped, noticing the receptionist and mom did. "He's in here. You can't go in as of now but you can look." She said, a sympathetic tone lingering in her voice.

We nodded and she did too in return before scrolling back to her post at the front desk. I leaned against the glass, peering at my brother laying there connected to many machines. I couldn't tell how bad it was from here but I'm sure it didn't take a scientist to know it was unpleasant.

I turned away, looking down at the floor with my hands in my pockets. My mom faint whimpers and Amir shushing Tevon was all heard right now. I felt my heart race and my jaw clenched as I became upset.

I shook my head, wishing I could've just gave him that bag. But above anything, wishing Terrance wouldn't have gotten himself into this crap in the first place. I stepped over to my mom,Chenille, wrapping my arms around her neck in a hug and leaned our foreheads together.

"It's going to be okay, he's going to be okay."

• •

We arrived back home. It was now nighttime, 10 o'clock to be exact. My mom went to bed as soon as we got back and Tevon was sleep on the ride home. Amir made him and I something to eat, no shrimp included, before he went to sleep himself on the couch opposite of me.