2) 17.

Evi.

"Well.. Tonight went well." I chuckled lowly as I pressed the phone up to my ear. I laid on my stomach in my tank top shirt and pajama pants as I lifted my lower legs.

"Mhmm." Jue hummed and I looked over my short nails. "I apologize if you felt disrespected in anyway."

"No, I didn't. I know my dad did though." I spoke low since everyone else was supposedly sleep by now.

"I'm not worrying about him. Just you."

"You really got me thinking though from what you said. Especially the visiting part." I mumbled, looking down.

"I felt that way since I first started helping you out. Just never said anything about it."

It remain quiet between us as I got into deep thoughts for a moment. I heard him breath softly, taking me out of them.

"How'd you know Reed?"

"Remember the girl from high school."

"No way."

"Yep." I heard shifting noise on his end as I shook my head.

"I'm sorry. If I would've known things would've turned out how it did I. ." I trailed off, lost for words.

"It's fine Evi. It's not your fault." He uttered.

"She doesn't have a baby though." I said.

"I see. I did hear it through the grapevine so maybe it was a rumor."

"Maybe." I muttered and sat up, sitting on my bed. "You sound relaxed." I added.

"Yeah, I'm tired now."

"I guess so from all that pettiness and shade earlier. God, I didn't want to pick sides so I stayed out of it but you was something else boy." I stated.

"My bad. I didn't mean to go that far but he was coming at me the wrong way." Jue told me. "I'm about to go to sleep though. I'll talk to you tomorrow mama."

I played with the tied end of my hair scarf. " Okay goodnight jue jue."

"Night." He said and I hung up. I plugged my phone up to the charger and sat it on my bed stand. Right after, it was a faint knock on my door.

In came Reed as she looked at me softly. "Hey." She spoke. I smiled slightly.

"Hi." I picked at my nails once I heard the door close and her sit beside me. I looked to the side at her and she took a deep breath.

"You just.. got off the phone with him?"

"Yep." She faced forward and looked at the floor.

"I know you're probably wondering –"

"About y'all past?" I finished for her and she nodded. "I know about y'all from his standpoint but I wanna know yours too."

She faced her hands. " Back in High School, I was with this guy and we wanted to play with someone emotions. The person just so happen to be Jue. It was a game, we thought it was an innocent game until Jue really started feeling me."

" Then, I started feeling him a little bit too. But I remembered it was only a game so I played along until I broke it off with him in the middle of the hallway. It was stupid and I regret it. My ex was a bitch."

"He made it worse by always rubbing it in his face. I felt bad. He ruined me. He got me strung out on drugs and later, I got pregnant by him. I walked my  graduation pregnant and told him but he didn't want anything to do with me anymore but spreaded I was pregnant. I I continued my drug addiction and eventually had a miscarriage."