23.

Jue

Jue.

I searched the web during my short, free time at the moment. Mom was gone to a hair appointment while Amir was off to work. Evi and I were the only ones at the house on this Saturday.

I took another chunk of the half devoured apple I was currently eating. The silence in my room ended when a faint knock sounded against my wooden door. I looked towards it.

"Yes?" It opened, Evi coming into eye's view. Wasn't much difference or effort in her appearance so I simply turned to the computer's screen.

She invited herself to take a seat in the chair near my desk with a stack of letters lingering from her right hand. From my canthus I could tell she watched me then the screen. "What ya doin'?"

She spoke in a joking, warming way. I chewed my piece of fruit slowly and  gazed towards her. "Online." I matched her tone.

"Really?" She fraudulently grinned wide then stopped, giving me a look of obviously.

"Is it exactly anything you want?" I asked, scrolling my mouse on the pad next to the keyboard, swiftly.

"Just company. Everyone else left me with you so why not. Besides, I didn't want to read these few letters alone."

I didn't turn my attention off the screen as she talked. "So that's a no," I answered while typing something into the search engine.

"Could you not be an ass and just be my company until someone returns?"

"Listen, I'm honestly not an ass. I just don't have much tact."

She coughed, "ass."

"Whatever." I slanted my lips against each other, facing her. "I couldn't say much of the same for you considering I don't really know you."

"Because you never made the effort to." I shrugged, clicking enter to finish the search.

"Let's do it."

I guided my eyes up and down her figure, furrowing my brows. "Do what?"

"Get to know each other you nasty goof." She rolled her eyes. "I just want to get to know you since you're not an ass." She quotationed with her fingers during the last of her statement.

"Um." I muttered first and let out a deep exhale. "Okay, what you want to know?"

"Okay, why are you so mean to your brother?" I shook my head to the side, expecting such a question.

"He's a guy, he'll be alright. The world is gonna be an ass to him, sometimes. Besides, it's just fun messing with the kid."  I chuckled, shoving my shoulders.

"Funny for you to say that since your mom said your older brother, Terrance, used to do you the same way. You should know how it feel so why do it to him?"