8.

Evi

"There you go Evi!" I dribbled the ball beneath my small sized hand, viewing up at the goal and net that dangled underneath it.

I looked down at my feet, feeling the bows on my plats hit the side of my face. Aiming upward, I pushed my feet from the ground up towards it.

I grinned widely as I watch the ball fly up. It soon dropped once the basketball hit the rim, boomeranging right back towards my face.

"Ouch!" I yelped, holding my nose and falling to the ground. I heard the scatter of feet on the concrete as tears welled up in my eyes.

I saw  much bigger hands come over mine as I looked up in the face of my dad. I pouted as the blood dripped down from my nostrils.

"You almost got it Evi." He smiled, taking out a rag and dabbed my nose. I shook my head rapidly.

"I can't do it daddy! It's too hard." I frowned, facing the ground, watching it be covered with splatters of my blood.

I sniffled sadly, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. He put his hand under my chin, pulling it upward.

"Evi, baby, you can do anything! I believe in you. You have it. Right in here." He poked my tummy, which tickled slightly.

I giggled as he smiled. "Don't ever give up. I didn't raise no little sucker girl." He started, raising from his kneeling position. "Now come on."

He grabbed my hands gently inside his, pulling me from the ground. He grabbed the basketball, placing it back in my hands.

He looked me straight into the eyes before getting on the side of me, pointing to the back rim.

"Aim for there. You got this!"

He patted my back then stood back and I dribbled once again, sniffing the blood that wanted to fall from my nose. I looked up at the goal, raising the ball above me.

I looked at the back rim, tossing the ball towards it. It didn't hit the back rim, it simply fell into the net.

"And Evi for the winning points!! The crowd goes wild!" My father yelled as I yelled too in excitement. I held my fists and arms up as he ran to me and swept me off my feet.

He put me ontop of his shoulder, spinning with me. I laughed, holding on tightly.

"Daddy stop!" I screamed. He stopped and held me now on his hip. He kissed my forehead.

"The future has something for you."

The buzzer from my timer sounded, breaking me from my thoughts and reverting my attention back to the shower. I groaned from the loud, obnoxious noise of the alarm as I finished up my wash up.

I had a habit of drifting off into thoughts, especially while in the tub or shower. I shut the water off, stepping out with my towel wrapped around my chest.

I hopped on the rug quickly since the tile floor was really cold. I turned off the alarm and dried the water that dripped down my skin.

Clothing myself with a bra and panties, applying lotion then I started putting on the rest of my clothes. I did my hygiene, looking in the mirror.

I raised my shirt to show less cleavage while brushing my teeth. After two minutes, I rinsed my mouth and started basic makeup.

The fact that makeup made me hot and uncomfortable, I didn't even really like it. So I only did small portions of it since my mother willingly insisted I needed it.