10.

Jue

Jue

I laid backwards on my bed, staring up at my ceiling fan as it rotated and blew cool winds down towards me. Thankfully, I was back in Chicago where I belonged.

My car decided to finally start and I made it to the airport just in time. Considering it was a full day with boarding, they were lousy with checking me and didn't even find the stash. That's been a week ago already.

The sound of the doorbell caught my attention. I got up from my mattress, glancing through my window blinds. I grabbed the brown bag from under my pillow, leaving my room.

"Man, what are you burning now?" I fanned in front of my screwed up face, talking out to Amir.

"I was trying to make a new recipe aaand yeah, here we are." I shook my head. This is what happens when you have a wannabe Chief living with you.

I unlocked and swung the front door open, stepping out as I shoved it to T's chest. He grabbed it, looking down at it.

"Now stop putting me in this." I pointed at him, talking sternly. He nodded.

"Thanks Jue. Y'know how they get.." Terrance trailed off.

I waved him off. "You got yourself into it, you deal with how they get yourself. They shot up a fucking party I was at thinking you were there!" I exclaimed, but not enough to draw nearby attention.

He nodded again. "This won't be for long bro, I promise. I just need quick money."

I shook my head. "You're a grown ass man. Put down your pride and get a nine to five like the rest of us. You have a son man." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Stop this before he not have a dad."

I backed up, going back into the house. "You know momma don't like you here so you should leave." I clenched my jaw, looking at him.

I loved my brother, both of course but he just got himself into too much he couldn't handle. His maturity hasn't grown with his age. He now has the responsibility of another life so he need to make his choices wisely and he just can't get that through his head. He's selfish, others people's safety- even that of his own family- goes completely over his head.

I shut the door to him still standing there and locked it back. I turned to see Amir with an apron on and a pan in his hand, looking at the door.

"What's he doing here?" He asked. I passed him.

"So what cha cooking?"

• °

My eyes grew heavy and tired as I was going into my third hour at work. Working at Journey's, didn't much happen here, but this is how I make my buck.

I leaned on the glass counter, my fist pushing up underneath my face as I watched my coworkers help out customers. Indecisive customers at that- the ones who'll have you get every shoe in the store in their size and won't be buying anything anyways.