2) 7.

Jue.

I threw my keys on my counter and snatched my jacket off, muttering words underneath my breath. I was still heated, no doubt. I walked to my bedroom's restroom and started the shower, switching it to cold.

I looked at my busted lip and leaking nose in the mirror and shook my head. You try to have a good night and niggas ruin it. I plopped my behind down on the toilet lid, staring at the wall.

I unlocked my phone and went to contacts, beginning to dial the number. I pressed it to my ear and ran my hands over my waves as the shower ran in the background.

"Hey baby." She answered.

"Hey momma." I croaked then cleared my throat. I leaned my back against the toilet and took a deep breath.

"What's wrong Jue?"

"Nothing." I mumbled. "You okay? How you doing?" I asked, leaning back against my hand while my elbow pressed against my thigh.

"I'm fine. We just finished having dinner. Tevon actually helped set up the table this time without breaking anything." A smile tugged at the ends of my lips while I looked at the floor.

"That's good. As long as you're okay." I mumbled.

"Julian what's going on? You need to talk about something?" She questioned again. I shook my head though she couldn't physically see me. "Are you thinking about your dad again?" She said lowly.

"Something like that."  I muttered, rubbing over my knees. She started her usual quoting and speech on dad and how we'll cope. I listened intently, letting it calm me down.

"Okay?" She said softly, finishing up.

" Okay momma, thanks."

"Call If you ever need to talk, you know that. I love you."

"I love you too." I said before we said our good nights and ended the call. I shot Terrance a text lookout for momma and he responded soon after.

Terrance
You know I am. I got her. You good?

I replied yeah some shit just got me thinking and his contact popped up from him calling.  "Ayo wassup?" He asked as soon as I accepted the call.

I decided to explain to him the night's altercations and how it had me thinking, had me feeling and even worrying about my mom's safety.

He let me know to not let them get to me like they did and that's how he got caught up at one while. He went on to say how people are going to say things to get under your skin and hit nerves –as I already knew but sometimes you needed a reality reminder.

"You a man Jue, you got this."

"Yeah but disrespect isn't easy to take and just turn the other cheek with." I rubbed my temples as the air got cool from the continuous flow of the shower.

"I know by experience that it's not but the more you show them that they can get a reaction out of you, the more they'll provoke you. It's the maturing process. Don't let them win. Would dad?"

"Nah."

"Aight then get yourself together." I nodded, staying quiet for a moment as I still held the phone to my ear.