2) 24.

Jue.

I flipped a pancake sloppily and shook my head. "Ain't this some bullshit." I mumbled, holding the spatula over the pan as I watched it brown the other side.

I twisted my lips to the side, considering calling Amir about this. I thought against it and spoke Hey Siri. Once she turned on, I questioned, "what's the right way to flip a pancake?"

My phone made a clicking sound effect and she begin to search as I heard shuffling against the floor. I turned around and saw Evi dragging her house shoes covered feet against the floor, from out the bedroom. Her hair was wildly over her head as her robe hung by her sides of her pajamas.

She yawned and covered her mouth as she looked over at me. She smiled slightly as I returned it. "Well hey there bum." I joked and she rolled her eyes.

"I thought I was gonna have to drag you out of there." I continued to tease as I looked at the time —that read eleven twenty one.

"Your pancake's burning." She said with a raised brow. Damn, I thought as I turned around watching it scorch black. I took the pan and sat it in the sink, running water in it.

"But you can cook right?" She interrogated with a light chuckle. I waved her off.

"Yes." She looked over at my phone and I snatched it from her view so she wouldn't notice Siri's help —though siri pulled up some place in Houston.

"Already saw." She laughed and I scoffed sharply, taking out another clean pan. I oil sprayed it and sat it on the stove, pouring more batter on it to start another pancake.

I heard Evi yawn again from behind me as I finished this pancake finally and correctly. I sat it on a plate along with bacon I cooked earlier and turned around. I put it by Evi face as she leaned her head against the counter.

I poked her with my spatula, "Is you ded?"

She scuffed into a laugh and I joined in. She sat up, looking at me as she kept up a giggle.

"You such a clown nigga." She said, sliding her plate to right in front of her. "I don't what kind of shape this is but thank you." She added.

"It's not about the shape, it's about the taste." I assured and fixed me a plate, sitting next to her. I bit into my bacon, having my body facing her as I pulled at her hair.

"I know I forgot to wrap it. Leave me alone." She spoke up before I said anything.

"It's okay, you can be my hobo." I kissed her cheek, licking the residue I left off.

"Stop getting out on me." She said, dipping her pancake in syrup—i already had it out.

"So what's your plans for today?" I asked, cutting up my pancake.

"I thought about going on and looking through apartments. I think I know which one I want though."

"Still trying to not move in with me huh?" I asked and she nodded with a cheesy closed-mouth smile.

"What happened to your basketball income?" I questioned.

"It's in savings. I know what you're thinking, I thought about it but I don't want to use it all up. It's a couple thousands in there but it's like strictly for emergency—my plan b or when I'm broke but hungry." She chuckled.

"I'm just surprised you didn't splurge it all."

"And go broke? No thanks. Everyone else did but I didn't."

" I would hate for you to have to constantly take money out your savings just to pay rent. My advice is to get a budget and find a low rent place." I said and she agreed with a nod.