14.

Evi.

The day went by and night had soon fell. I sat in nothing but an oversized shirt on my bed as I looked at the items in front of me; a picture of my dad and i and my diploma.

I knocked my foot against my packed bags underneath my bed, dreading my failed plan. At least I tried, I suppose. My room was slightly empty from me cleaning it and throwing a couple things away.

I thought I was out of here! Keyword; thought.

I sighed heavily, staring at both. Why would he not come back? Couldn't he have reached out more? Aren't I important to him and my accomplishments?

I wasn't the emotional type, but the thoughts ringing through my mind at the moment made my eyes water. I heard a ding sound from my laptop, notifying me of an email.

I didn't move not even a muscle. Even when I heard my door crack open, I still didn't move. I looked up slowly, feeling my heart race and nearly jump out my chest. The tears that were welling up were now streaming along side of my face. My mouth became dry and my voice seemed to not carry.

All I could do was jump up into my dad's arms, crying against his chest as he held me tightly. A hug from him that I haven't received in years and that was long overdue.

Of course, it was only a mere hallucination as I only was face to face with my mom. She gave me a soft smile and looked into my lap. I looked back down, folding my arms that was now covered in goose bumps.

She sat beside me, causing my bed to dip but not much. She gently rubbed my back. "I'm proud of you, Evi. " I looked up at her, bewilderedly.

"I know it's been rough lately since your dad left and I've been hard on you, but I love you a lot. I want the best for you and for you to be, look, and act your best." She started.

"It wasn't easy getting that tomboy out of you that he engraved but I finally did it. So I'm proud of you for being the great, young lady I've molded you into." She smiled, rubbing her thumb along my cheek.

"Not my little baby anymore. You're all grown up. Graduated and all. Wow, how time flies." She chuckled, raising to her feet. "Come on, I'll take you out for your accomplishment. Any restaurant you want to go, my treat."

She pulled me up by my hands as I still remained speechless from her small speech. She patted my shoulders, told me to get dressed and left my room.

I blinked slightly and looked around. Did that really just happen? I mentally asked myself.

I slid the doors to my closet and viewed over my wardrobe selection. Of course, I'm not the girly type almost at all but tonight -without being forced - I actually wanted to dress up. Maybe she was rubbing off on me, yuck.

Taking out my fawn colored, revealing dress with a high leg split, I took off the shirt I was currently wearing.

I laid the dress on the bed with some leg-wrap lace-up sandals along side of it that matched the color exactly.

I decided to go for a quick five minute shower and freshen up myself. Putting body jewelry on myself after a fifteen minute hygiene and makeup routine, I soon was getting dressed.