40) Butterball: Part Tres

I didn’t really know what to say to that so we were quiet the rest of the ride.  We got into Harry’s room and I sat down on the edge of the bed and stared at my hands.

            “You’re not doing too well, are you?” Harry asked.  He was leaning against the wall and staring at me sadly.

            “Not really,” I shrugged.

            He sighed heavily and sat next to me.  He forced my head onto his shoulder and wrapped his arm around me.

            “Bee, I know I keep saying this, but you just have to give Niall time.  He’ll figure it out soon enough.  Until then, have some fun.  Show him your life doesn’t revolve around him.  Do something crazy.”

            “Like what?”

            “I don’t know.  Something you couldn’t do when you were dating Niall.”

            “Like what?” I repeated.

            “Get creative! I can’t do all the work here.”

            “I don’t want to go back to the dorms,” I frowned.

            “Then stay here.”

            “People are going to assume things.”

            “Like who?  Emily?  No one cares.  And if it’ll make you feel any better, I can sleep on the bed and you can sleep in the bathtub.”

            I elbowed him in the ribs.

            “I want to talk to Chase,” I said and looked down at my phone.

            “I’ll go take a bath while you talk,” Harry said.

            “A bath?”

            “Yes.  Just because I’m the manliest person you’ve ever met doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy a bath every once in a while,” Harry scoffed.

            “Thanks, Harry,” I smiled weakly.

            He walked straight into the bathroom and I could hear the door lock.  I pulled out my phone and found Chase’s number.

            “Sister, sister!” Chase shouted.  “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

            And just hearing the familiar voice was enough to make me start to cry.

            “Whoa, what’s wrong?” Chase asked, all fun and giddiness gone from his voice.

            “Chase, I’m having a really—really rough time right now,” I sobbed.

            “What’s going on?”

            “Niall b-broke up with me!”

            “He what?”

            “Broke up with me!” I cried.

            “Why?” Chase asked.

            “He doesn’t think the l-long distance thing is working.  He wants us to have some-some space!”

            “Do you think the long distance thing is working?”

            “I thought so!” I sniffled.  “He wants me to date other guys.”

            “Is he dating other girls?”