19) December 26-28: Florence Nightingale

26 December, 2011

            Boxing Day!

            I say that like I understand it.  Both Camilla and Niall have explained it to me.

            I’ve done alarmingly well on the whole “not talking to other people” plan.  If someone called to hang out, I would tell them I was busy with holiday plans.  I’m sure everyone else was busy with holiday stuff as well since I didn’t receive very many calls.

            Hmm…

            Niall comes back today.  So that really is quite exciting. I’m going to meet him at the airport but he doesn’t know that yet.

            So until then, I shall write in here, listen to music, and annoy Chase. 

            Christmas Eve and Christmas were great.  Christmas Eve was Louis’ birthday but we’re all celebrating that when we get together to celebrate the new year.  Weirdly enough, we spent Christmas Eve with Rex, Max, and their families.  But I guess seeing as how Connie had been dealing with the boys for the last few months, and she was the reason there was peace in the house, we felt it was only appropriate to shower her with gifts. 

            It was fun.  It would have been a lot more fun if I had Niall or Camilla with me.  Rex and Max are cool and all but sometimes it’s just nice to have a friend of your own.  Luckily, the Sagging Shits included me in everything and let me hang out with them while the parents hung out.  Max showed me his room.  I think he was really proud of it because he burst into it and posed with his chest puffed out in pride.  It wasn’t anything that special but I gasped impressively and acted like his plaid bed sheets were way cooler than any other plaid sheets I had ever seen.

            Then the boys skated for me.  They really are extremely good.  Not that I know much about it, but I do know that standing on the stupid board is hard enough.  Then they asked me to sing a song. I chose to sing Adele because Adele mother effing kicks ass.  The boys seemed genuinely impressed so I was glad and a bit flattered.  Then we had dinner.  I expected the boys to take over the conversation since they were the ones traveling the world and all, but the parents seemed more curious about my life.  I have no idea why.  Genuinely. I guess it’s because they’ve already heard the touring stories, but still, hearing a touring story for the fifth time is still more entertaining than hearing about my school life. 

            “You hang out with those handsome boys,” Rex’s mom stated.

            “Er, yeah, I suppose,” I said.

            “She’s dating one of them,” Dad said and pretended to give me a stern look.  The parents laughed and I forced out a chuckle. 

            “Which one?” Rex’s mom asked.

            “Niall?” I said, waiting to see if they knew their names.

            “Oh, the blonde one!” Connie beamed.

            “Very handsome, dear,” Rex’s mom said approvingly.  I just smiled. 

            The women talked about how handsome and awesome and awe inspiring the boys were and I wondered how they knew them.  I didn’t mind, though, because it allowed me to sit in silence.

            “How do you know them?” Rex asked after a good five minute of Foxy Five praising. I perked up since they started to talk about them.  Thank you to Rex for asking the question I was too lazy to ask.