15) December 17: Ice Luge

17 December, 2011

            I don’t know if it’s precious or depressing how much time I spend with Hagrid.  It’s been almost a month since I’ve written and that has a lot to do with my dog. 

            Hagrid is much bigger now.  He’s not fully grown but he’s big enough now that a toddler could probably ride him like a horse.  I wonder if I can find a toddler to try that…

            No…no that’s silly.

            But anyway.  I have taken time out of my busy schedule to write in here because tonight is the dance.  The last month has been a whirlwind of shopping and matching and drama and just a lot. 

            Every weekend for the last month, the girls and I have been going to the shops to find the perfect dress and the perfect shoes and the perfect makeup.  It’s really tiresome to be a girl sometimes.  But we all finally found everything we needed.

            Everyone has a date, obviously, but that’s where some of the drama comes in to play.  Karen and Jessica both got asked by some guys I’ve seen on occasion.  I think their names are James and Jacob.  Wait…yeah, that sounds familiar. 

            Zayn asked a girl named Mindy and I only remember her name because she has been eating at our table for the last week.  It should be said that Mindy is good mates with Vivian.

            If you recall, Vivian kind of considers me a mate now.  And since Vivian and Mindy are mates, Zayn has been dragged into the web, also.  So Zayn, Vivian, and I have been conversing in German class for the last month.  I mean, I honestly wouldn’t say I’mfriends with Vivian, but we are friendly.  It’s something neither Zayn or I want to the rest of the gang to know about but we’re not confident we can keep it a secret much longer.  Especially now that Vivian has started to sit at our table again now that Mindy is there. 

            I make it a point to sit by Niall and Jessica.  It’s all very strategic.  Niall is nice and talks to everyone, so usually when Vivian sits around us he carries the conversation.  I sit by Jessica because Vivian is still scared of Jessica so she avoids the general area.

            Anyway, the real drama started about three weeks ago.

            I was sitting in German, minding my own business and eating some German candy that Chase had recently sent over.  I thought it was fitting.  So there I was, being all innocent, when Vivian sat down in the seat beside me.

            “What are you eating?”

            I let her see the wrapper because, as well as I did on tests, my pronunciation of the German language was still abysmal.

            “Is it any good?”

            I took a moment to consider this.  I chewed more slowly and let the candy roll around on my tongue.

            “It’s kind of salty,” I decided.  “But sour at the same time.”

            “That sounds awful,” Vivian smirked.

            “It kind of works,” I shrugged.  I popped another candy into my mouth and she laughed.

            “Can I ask you something?” she asked.  I waved to Zayn who had just entered the room.

            “Sure,” I allowed.

            She didn’t say anything for a moment so I turned to her.  She looked conflicted and she bit her lip.  I tilted my head to the side questioningly.